Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry - I'm actually cross posting on two different threads, but thought others outside of NJ could benefit from this info.

After visiting dealerships in NJ, PA and NY, I've arranged a group buy with high volume dealership Ray Catena Lexus. Typically, dealerships have been unwilling to go any more than a few hundred below MSRP -- Ray Catena has been very receptive to an IS300.net group buy and working out individual deals well below MSRP.

Check out theRay Catena IS300 Inventory

If you're interested in the group buy or would prefer to visit the dealership on your own, drop me an e-mail at: [email protected] or PM me. I'll supply you with the contact information of the sales mngr handling the .net group buy.

[ August 22, 2001: Message edited by: MorpheIS ]

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
phi - I couldn't negotiate a fixed discount for the entire group as differing packages have varying negotiation potential. Because of this, individual negotiations are still necessary. The dealership is very aware of this site (they're probably reading this post!) but they're willing to work with us to beat any other deal.

It does appear that atleast $1k off msrp will not be a problem on most packages.

I actually requested a car that they did not have on the lot. They are researching the possibility of a dealer swap for the package I want. You might want to consider calling my contact handling the group purchase. They might be able to get the exact package you want.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Whoops - I never included the information about the contact for the group buy. Here it is:

Greg McKinley - Internet Business Development Manager
Ray Catena Lexus
Tel. 732-493-5000
E-mail. [email protected]

Just mention that you're part of the IS300.net group buy.

·
Registered
3,339 Posts
Originally posted by MorpheIS:
I actually requested a car that they did not have on the lot. They are researching the possibility of a dealer swap for the package I want. You might want to consider calling my contact handling the group purchase. They might be able to get the exact package you want.
I bought my car from them and this is exactly what they did for me. They didn't have what I wanted onsite, called some dealers in the tri-state area, and were able to swap with a dealer out in LI. My Sales Rep, Bernard Tremblay treated me real well.

-crontab -l

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Crontab - do you know if they priced the swapped car any higher than a car on the lot?

They do appear to be much more accomodating than any other dealership I've visited.

·
Registered
3,339 Posts
Crontab - do you know if they priced the swapped car any higher than a car on the lot?

They do appear to be much more accomodating than any other dealership I've visited.
No they didn't charge me more. Why would they charge more for the same car from elsewhere?

-crontab -l

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
crontab - I should rephrase that. Do you get the impression that they negotiate less on vehicles that aren't on the lot?

·
Registered
3,339 Posts
crontab - I should rephrase that. Do you get the impression that they negotiate less on vehicles that aren't on the lot?
I paid MSRP for mine, so I guess my case doesn't count, sorry.

Although I did decide on a car they had on the lot and went through the whole schmeal, but then changed my mind and decided on one they didn't have. Bernard didn't mind and called me the next day that he'll have it in three days. I even called from home that night to tell him to throw in LSD and he said no prob.

The only issue with swapping is that they drive the car from site to site so there will be miles added on the car. Some people may not want that. I, didn't care. I don't know if they flat bed across sites though.

-crontab -l

[ August 24, 2001: Message edited by: crontab ]

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I should be getting additional allocation info for this area today! I'll post once its available...

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
MorpheIS,
Good work. Keep us up to date, Im returning to Lexus of Massepequa today to continue the battle process. they gave me a price of 33250 for eveything except NAV an AUTO(im not sure of the msrp). I want a steeper discount but I have to also leverage my trade in, If they give a good deal on my trade ill take a less competive price on the car.
Sentinel

·
Registered
52 Posts
Can someone repost the lexus is 300 allocation list for me.. the link will not work... thanks or you can e-mail it to me.. I want to buy an 02 IS in IBP w/Nav Black INT...but they cannot find any in the whole northeast you can beielve that with E-Shift!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts