Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats up

I'm looking for someplace by me in Belleville NJ that would be able to install Tune Dyno a turbo for me..and do it right and not have any problems with it...I Don't need it right now..but soon

Gary

·
Registered
18,524 Posts
well, XX tuning up in CT did LiL'IS300's install and tune....

I would reccomend SPI down on rt 35 as well....

or whichever kit you might get, you might just want to have installed by the manufacturer to ensure reliability....

·
Registered
5,347 Posts
tsopranoMB said:

or whichever kit you might get, you might just want to have installed by the manufacturer to ensure reliability....
where is this spi you speak of marc?is it by ray catena lexus?

·
Registered
18,524 Posts
lexluger180 said:
tsopranoMB said:

where is this spi you speak of marc?is it the ray catena lexus?
noooo..they are a supra/IS, import tuner on rt 35...Raf had work done there, I have as well...and a bunch other IS peeps....they are great people there....good with bolt on parts, tuning, etc....good/fair pricing as well...

www.spipowerexcel.com

what do you need to install Willie?

·
Registered
5,347 Posts
i dunno just like to kno where this place is so when i do have something i can go there :D

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah i know i even said People should go to the Tuner's shop and get it done so there will be no problems...but i just don't want to make the drive to a tuner's shop if some-1 around me could do it right...just tryin to get my options ready

I checked out XX tunning already..cause they did 2 is300's that i know of..but they are still 2hours and half away from me still....and i'm going to check out Spi also soon..and get prices and stuff there ride isn't that bad about 45 minutes away from me.

But i still rather have some-ting closer to me...after being away from my car when i had the kit put on that was a 2 hour ride...and i hated making that ride all the time

·
Registered
18,524 Posts
WhiteLex said:
Yeah i know i even said People should go to the Tuner's shop and get it done so there will be no problems...but i just don't want to make the drive to a tuner's shop if some-1 around me could do it right...just tryin to get my options ready

I checked out XX tunning already..cause they did 2 is300's that i know of..but they are still 2hours and half away from me still....and i'm going to check out Spi also soon..and get prices and stuff there ride isn't that bad about 45 minutes away from me.

But i still rather have some-ting closer to me...after being away from my car when i had the kit put on that was a 2 hour ride...and i hated making that ride all the time
closer to bellville? I've heard good things about

http://www.turbotrix.com/ in edison.....

the BEST and closest possible place to you would be BULLISH RACING....but thats by appointment only and very pricey from what I've been told...

other then those places, SPI is a great option, as they are very well experianced with the 2JZ and have worked on numerous Supra's and IS300's....

Also, there is a place in Newark, that I know BUTTRBALL12 has had things done there, at TOP SECRET-IMPORT TUNING...150 E Kinney Street. (973) 465-5680

give them a shot too....not sure how familair they are with 2JZ installations..

let me know where you end up going!

:chill:

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey thanks man

Yeah i already checked out Bullish Racing Where Dan goes..but there pretty much booked all year around...with all there cars at Englishtown and stuff...so its hard to get an appointment over there.....but i'm going to check out the place where u said in edison and see how they are...I"ll let u no where i end up at

and i already been to top secret..they worked on my friends civic and hatchback there there cool..but they pull your legs a lil bit over there...they try and get u for whatever they can..and they enver really worked on a turbo install fro the IS300...

Thanks again

later

so you made ur decision about going down south?..What Stage?

·
Registered
18,524 Posts
WhiteLex said:
Hey thanks man

Thanks again

later

no problem man.....yeah, i've read people talking good things about turbotrix on supraforums....

yeah, i'll be going down "south" ...exact specs to be determined soon, i'll be sure to let u know....

8)

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Re: NJ: Looking for Some place That could Handle Turbo Insta

Hey Gary,

Try Hubie at SPI. Mike over there has the twin turbo set-up. They're very versed in the JZ's.

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

MrMark said:
Hey Gary,

Try Hubie at SPI. Mike over there has the twin turbo set-up. They're very versed in the JZ's.
Hey Mark,

Thanks yeah i'm going to give them a call after the Holidays..I heard about there setup..so atleast i know there familar with the our engine

Happy holidays and i hope all is well

Gary

·
Registered
18,524 Posts

MrMark said:
Hey Gary,

yup, they have worked on many many IS's the past cpl years...including mine and about 5 or more other guys on the board here....plus others....and they are all just great guys there....always a nice experiance when I'm there, and I was there probably 10 times the past few months.... :wink:

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
WhiteLex said:
Hey thanks man

Yeah i already checked out Bullish Racing Where Dan goes..but there pretty much booked all year around...with all there cars at Englishtown and stuff...so its hard to get an appointment over there.....but i'm going to check out the place where u said in edison and see how they are...I"ll let u no where i end up at

and i already been to top secret..they worked on my friends civic and hatchback there there cool..but they pull your legs a lil bit over there...they try and get u for whatever they can..and they enver really worked on a turbo install fro the IS300...
Thanks again

later

yeah ill have to agree with you on that one. I go there because they are friends of mine and I dont get jerked around. As for experience on the 2JZ, my friend Carlos is having a tubo installed on his GS sometime in January or February. Its going to be pieced together not a off the shelf kit but ill let you guys know how things go. I know they wont fuck up but Id stillt ake SPI for serious work just because they have more experience with our engine. Now, if you got a honda, Top Secret is where you should be.

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
BUTRBALL12 said:
WhiteLex said:
Hey thanks man

Thanks again

later

yeah ill have to agree with you on that one. I go there because they are friends of mine and I dont get jerked around. As for experience on the 2JZ, my friend Carlos is having a tubo installed on his GS sometime in January or February. Its going to be pieced together not a off the shelf kit but ill let you guys know how things go. I know they wont f*ck up but Id stillt ake SPI for serious work just because they have more experience with our engine. Now, if you got a honda, Top Secret is where you should be.
Yeah they definanly know there hondas and build monsters...Like the Yellow Si they have and a few other beasts......and my friend been going there for a bout a year now..and he got rid of his Si and got a hatchback and did a swap and other goodies..and they told him it would be in there for just a few days...and it ended up in there for like 3 weeks....and all they had to do really it wire it cause my friend put the supension and we did the swap ourselves in his garage...so they just had to hook up the OBDII and wire it...and they they told him they he had to do something else...which he really didn't have to do it...trying to get him spend more money...But there definanly cool peeps..and know there shit inside and out about Honda's and stuff

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
i too will suggest SPI.... they did work on my car, and will be doing more work in the coming year....

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
fairuza11 said:
what kit are you gettin? let me know I can install that if you are gettin a premade kit
Hey Whats up bro

Yeah its a premade kit

i"ll Pm you with all the info if i need u you to Install it when the time comes...i"ll have more information when the Holiday's are over probably
sometime next week or so

Happy Holidays

1 - 18 of 18 Posts