Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
30,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was getting screwed the 1st year I had the car insured, and I'm about a month away from starting my 2nd year. Being that they classify the IS300 as a "sport" or "sporty" car, and most of us fall into the male, 18-25, single demographic, insurance rates go up. Compound the problem with the fact that we live in NJ, the rates go up a ton more. I've got a 3rd variable, the fact that I live in Hudson county, right next door to Jersey City which last I heard has the 2nd highest car-theft rate in the nation (Miami is #1).
I paid about $3200 last year, and am looking at $2300 for this coming year. I HAD some points on my license, but they are gone as of Feb. so that would explain my drop... I currentlt am insured via State Farm.

Can anyone in North NJ, preferably someone in my immediate area shed some light on how I can lower my insurance some more, or give me some other companies that might offer lower rates?
THANKS!!!

·
Registered
69 Posts
you can jack up your deductibles on your coverages if you want to pay less month - month...but if you have a claim the insurance company will want more money then...its kinda a catch 22(pay me now pay me later) kind of thing...if you already have them up, SF offers a 'mulitline discount' (at least they do here in IL) and if you get renters insurance with them it will knock like %10 off your rates...also after 3 years of accident free you'll get another %10 off, but if you've only had the policy for 1 year you are a long way from that...good luck

·
Registered
30,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by jiggs:
...if you already have them up, SF offers a 'mulitline discount' (at least they do here in IL) and if you get renters insurance with them it will knock like %10 off your rates...
Thanks for the info... do you think that discount will apply to home-owners insurance as well? I'm about to close on a place and this could save me some $$$ if it works... Might give my agent a call today

1 - 3 of 3 Posts