Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
badly needed some new tires so i did some research and thought these nittos didnt look to bad. pretty wierd but cool looking tread design. so far after a few days of driving im pretty impressed. at first i wasnt sure because i took a turn when it was wet and gave it like half gas in 2nd gear and it just slid like i was on ice. not sure why maybe cus they werent warm or maybe there was something on the road there so i was starting to have doubts after this. Last weekend i drove up to my lake house and there is about 20 minutes of very windy mountain roads so i got a good chance to test them out. tested them in the wet on saturday and i was very impressed. couldnt even get them to break free around turns. then on sunday it was dry and they gripped much better than i expected. i like them a lot so far so hopefully it will stay that way. by the way my last tires were Falken FK452s and I liked them a lot to besides that they only last me about 10 k miles. hoping these nittos will last a little bit longer than those

·
Registered
118 Posts
yeah, i got a set of neo gens and i love them. also wanted to add that they are made for lowered cars. they have a different compound that's supposed to help the tires last longer on dropped cars.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
How are the Nitto Invo tires ?

Also will there be any problems going 225 45 17 all around ?

I was gonna buy from discount tire direct... but ended up going with the General UHP from Tire Rack since some members gave it a good review + 380 treadwear rating.

Yes .net will be getting credit from my sale :) I used the referral link.

there was only like 30 dollar difference between this and the NeoGens though.

if I don't like these, I'll probably ride around it for a couple seasons and swap em out for the NeoGens or the Invo

·
Registered
797 Posts
I think nitto neo gens are gonna be my next set of wheels, right now I'm riding on falkens and I like em but can already see much wear -_-

·
Registered
3,965 Posts
ive been looking at these as well. i want to see if there is truth to their "anti-camber technology." i love me some camber. :) but i am very happy with my Michelin Pilot Sport 2s.

·
Registered
13,905 Posts
There is truth to the anti-wear compound. I ran them for about 15K miles on H&R springs with no uneven wear.

Also, there are a bunch of other threads discussing these tires.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
How are the Nitto Invo tires ?

Also will there be any problems going 225 45 17 all around ?

I was gonna buy from discount tire direct... but ended up going with the General UHP from Tire Rack since some members gave it a good review + 380 treadwear rating.

Yes .net will be getting credit from my sale :) I used the referral link.

there was only like 30 dollar difference between this and the NeoGens though.

if I don't like these, I'll probably ride around it for a couple seasons and swap em out for the NeoGens or the Invo

never really heard of those so i cant help you. but i have 235 40 18 all around and i have no problems so im sure you'll be fine

1 - 7 of 7 Posts