Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was hoping some people with experience with these two tires could help me out on deciding whihc ones to get. Both tires are decently low priced. The Kuhmo's have a better tread ware rating but from what ive read the Nitto's seem like better performance tires and there built up on the inside for lowered cars which seems like it would help. Also the tread design on the nittos looks much better which is a plus. So I was hoping to get some opinions on what yall think. Thanks

Nitto
Tire Details - Discount Tire Co.
Kuhmo
Tire Details - Discount Tire Co.

·
Registered
118 Posts
i haven't had the chance to run the kumho asx's, but i have a set of neo-gens on my car now and i like them a lot. some people say stuff about road noise after 40 mph and what not, but i don't hear any. i was in the same situation as you while i was looking for tires (nittos vs kumhos) and took the nittos. no regrets here. hope this helps a little.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ya that does help. that is the only bad thing ive heard about the nittos is road noise but thats good that it doesnt seem to be a problem. thanks +rep

·
Registered
188 Posts
I have used both brands of tire in the past on a previous Camaro. This was a few years ago, and not the exact tire models are you mentioned, but thought I could chime in as an actual user. They are both good tire brands, especially for the price. My experience was that the Khumos had softer side walls. I've heard that from other users as well. That can be bad when your using really low profile tires. They both handled awesome in bad weather. I like the Nitto's a little bit better though, because of the stiffer side walls. I'm sure the newer designs from both companies have been improved. You don't have to get the Neo-gens if your worried about noise. They make several models. I believe the Neo-gens were special purpose tires for lowered imports that often have bad camber settings. The inside of the pattern is different so the tire will last longer. Maybe thats what leads to the increased road noise.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts