Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First an introduction. An IS300 is my fiance's and now I have the responsibility of maintaining it. We recently became a one car family and I have found this car really fun to drive. I just finished doing a complete tune up on this car, I am really thankful that wrenching on this car is so easy after mucking around with various v8's heheh.

On to the questions. I have a wet nitrous kit left over from my z28 days and I am toying with the idea of adapting it to the IS to make merging on to the highway a bit more, um, effortless.

For those of you with nitrous experience on an IS:

1) is timing retard required? If so, at what hp level and is there a standalone solutions to engage only when on the spray?

2) On my z28, there was a shraeder valve to tap into the fuel rail for the fuel solenoid... is there a similar valve on the IS?

3) anyone have any before/after results available? On a 125 shot on my stock z28, I picked up over 11 mph traps.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Doh - should have searched first. Thanks for pointing me to this link!!

I've had nitrous on every car I have ever owned... never had any problems (always run full safety systems, properly tuned, etc). Hopefully we wont be a one car family for too much longer.. in the hunt for a c5 vert.

http://my.is/forums/f70/

Read those then come back if you still have any questions. Not that it matters to me but if I only owned 1 car that 2 people had to use i dont think i would put nitrous on it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Setup right its pretty reliable on the IS. I ran a 125 shot for about 3 years and never had any problems. You will have to retard the timing depending on the shot you run. If i remember right its 2deg every 75hp
Thats encouraging to hear... I was afraid someone was going to tell me that 75 is all that it would handle. 100 hp is where things start to get interesting and you can actually "feel" a noticeable difference.

btw. I have to compliment you on your choice in cars. Very nice stable!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts