Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
20,661 Posts
trekster had a pretty bad experiance with the combination....

not even isman uses it, he has the bottles, yet never filled them....

·
Registered
8,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Trekster's was not caused by the fact that he was using them in conjunction. As a matter of fact his experience was more badass than bad.

The bad part was when the Nitrous solenoid didn't close and filled his piping with nitrous lol. However, like i said before it had nothing to do with the fact that he was boosted and running n2o.

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
Many people run turbo with n20 to spool up but your dealing with increased risks, bad solenoids/incorrect install can be your motors destruction. Many do not have these issues if all add-ons are bought and correctly installed and car is tuned for n20 all is good.

·
Registered
20,661 Posts
LexISpooled said:
Many people run turbo with n20 to spool up but your dealing with increased risks, bad solenoids/incorrect install can be your motors destruction. Many do not have these issues if all add-ons are bought and correctly installed and car is tuned for n20 all is good.
correct, and thus, indirectly to his turbo set up, trekster's incident ended up blowing up and caused some major damage....

·
Premium Member
2,590 Posts
JaysonMFK said:
So is nitrous alone and turbo or just about anything requires some risk. Again, anyone other than Trekster out there who has played with both at once?
To answer your question, on my '01 car with the original set up (stock bottom end, HG, 440cc injectors, t-62-1 turbo, etc...) which is now a equivalent to a stage 2.5-3, n2o was used. I dynoed 501whp with race gas, and 561whp with a 50shot from 4k to 6k rpm. Hope that helps. Just a side note, on the street, I never squeezed although the car was set up for it. The instant kick in boost with the t-62 turbo was enough power for me to slip and slide all over the place even with 265 V700 tires. I am contemplating squeezing a small 75-100 shot to bring me over the 1k whp mark, but for the street, there is no need for n2o, the spool is quite streetable and the hp is abundant...for now :)

Charles

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
isman said:
To answer your question, on my '01 car with the original set up (stock bottom end, HG, 440cc injectors, t-62-1 turbo, etc...) which is now a equivalent to a stage 2.5-3, n2o was used. I dynoed 501whp with race gas, and 561whp with a 50shot from 4k to 6k rpm. Hope that helps. Just a side note, on the street, I never squeezed although the car was set up for it. The instant kick in boost with the t-62 turbo was enough power for me to slip and slide all over the place even with 265 V700 tires. I am contemplating squeezing a small 75-100 shot to bring me over the 1k whp mark, but for the street, there is no need for n2o, the spool is quite streetable and the hp is abundant...for now :)

Charles
Didnt you have a dircet port system on the 01 at one point?

·
Registered
287 Posts
Jayson, are you setting up your system to run on pump gas with boost?
Previously, I ran a 50 shot with 15psi from around 3500-6k... No issues This was on stock internals with a head gasket, wet nitrous kit and my old turboeast piggy emanage setup...

I am now running a TEC-3 and looking to reinstall my nitrous setup...

I spoke with Ray at PFS about this, he sees no problem with it other than he stated that I shouldn't go higher than a 50 shot, or I risk freezing my water/methanol in the intake tract... Can anyone else provide some input on this thought...

·
Registered
51 Posts

Charles
Wow,how did your stock bottom end hold that kind of power?

·
Registered
684 Posts
I know its an old thread but I am bored and will answer the question. Its all in the tune. Nitrous can indeed be ran with a SC ot Turbo. Infact its a real nice way to run a smaller turbo(almost like a stock turbo car) and spray on top of that for some added HP. I spray my 3000gt vr4 at 15psi and the stock 9bs. Also I sprayed at 20 psi and 15t turbos. So you get the usable low end spool of the turbo and a nice little extra if you want it later. This most of the time is by no means going to be faster than a lager more laggy turbo running more boost(most of the time) but it is one of two or three reasons to spray on top or boost. Others being to spool a big turbo, or to cool intercooler(not really in the coubustion cycle though) With everybody running meth now you really dont see very many people spraying to cool intake charge temps now, meth does a great job of cooling and acting as a knock suppresent. This is a old thread so I am about done now.....
Sam

·
Registered
8,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I know its an old thread but I am bored and will answer the question. Its all in the tune. Nitrous can indeed be ran with a SC ot Turbo. Infact its a real nice way to run a smaller turbo(almost like a stock turbo car) and spray on top of that for some added HP. I spray my 3000gt vr4 at 15psi and the stock 9bs. Also I sprayed at 20 psi and 15t turbos. So you get the usable low end spool of the turbo and a nice little extra if you want it later. This most of the time is by no means going to be faster than a lager more laggy turbo running more boost(most of the time) but it is one of two or three reasons to spray on top or boost. Others being to spool a big turbo, or to cool intercooler(not really in the coubustion cycle though) With everybody running meth now you really dont see very many people spraying to cool intake charge temps now, meth does a great job of cooling and acting as a knock suppresent. This is a old thread so I am about done now.....
Sam
You didn't answer the original question which was what size shot and on how many lbs of boost, also are you controlling it with a standalone...

But it doesn't matter anyways, lol. Thanks for the info!

·
Registered
684 Posts
Oh crap......So yeah, cool thing about nitrous is that when you spray it will bump up the boost a bit too. so a 50 shot caan act like a 75 ect.... I was spraying a 100 shot and on my DSM that added 135 horse to the original 530hp. so it bumped it up to 665.

·
Guru of Supercharged ISs
8,744 Posts
good to know ...

i just got my misfire solved FINALLY and am working on setting up my new Meth controller AND after that is dialed in ... we move on to the NX Nitrous setup ive had in the car for about a year or more now.... gt it all installed and set up and its all installed except for the switches but with the misfire problem and then the tranny swap.... its been a rough year.....

but she's coming back steppin HARD and with a vengence!!!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts