Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
980 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know what a
Nissan Skyline ER-34, 2.5L GT-Turbo, 1998, White, 64,000kms(38,000miles), Full options, Manual, Original Alloys, After Market Nismo Rear Spoiler, ABS, Dual SRS, Keyless Entry, Rear Wiper
(emailed to me by a potential buyer/seller) is worth? This guy emailed me wanting to trade for a vehicle and I've no clue where to look for pricing on this sort of vehicle. :crazy: Input anyone?

·
Registered
980 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No shit....that is the same pic he forwarded to me! LOL! Thanks oneeyejack....but still leaves the question how much is this thing worth?...hmmm

·
13,978 Posts
hwang1jin said:
No shit....that is the same pic he forwarded to me! LOL! Thanks oneeyejack....but still leaves the question how much is this thing worth?...hmmm
i guess you could get a rough estimate from www.skylinegtr.com 's inventory, although they don't have much.

you'll probably have to end up paying a lot of other taxes and also don't forget to factor in the price of modifications to get it to US spec emissions.

·
Registered
44,398 Posts
The only company in the US that I know of selling these cars is Motorex www.skylinegtr.com . It's really hard to say what the car is worth - mostly depends on whether or not it has been updated to US saftey specs. If not, the car is basically worthless unless you can federalize it yourself.

It may be hard to find pricing for that model since most of the Skylines that make it here are the GTR version with the RB26DETT and AWD. The T got the RB25DET with RWD and missing some other fun stuff of her more athletic sister.

-Justin

·
Registered
44,398 Posts
Motorex sells the 1995-1998 GTR's for $53k-$78k.

Unless you are in Japan, or are experienced in legalizing these cars, I'd leave it alone. I think you need like a 300% or 400% deposit with the government to bring it in, and then its tied up for quite some time until you can actually drive or sell it.

Because of the cost and hassle involved in getting them ready for US roads, most people would make the step up to the GTR. When you're committing that much money, it doesn't make sense to skimp on the car portion of the budget.

-Justin
www.saltgod.org

·
Registered
980 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes...motorex is known to be very overpriced...conversions run about 8-15 g's. Thanks for the info!

·
Registered
980 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
webguyIS said:
I'd say around $40k USD, maybe more if it's already converted for use in the US. Are you sure it's not just a scam?
The vehicle has not had a conversion...he says he will pay for shipping to me (vehicle is in Japan right now) if I pay to get my car to him in NY...he wants an even trade for a 01 S2000 with 19k on it...scam? he may be trying to pull one but I will not ship my car until I recieve and inspect his vehicle first...but if it does work out I'm going to mod the shit out of that skyline :D

·
Registered
18,609 Posts
Justin.b said:
Motorex sells the 1995-1998 GTR's for $53k-$78k.

Unless you are in Japan, or are experienced in legalizing these cars, I'd leave it alone. I think you need like a 300% or 400% deposit with the government to bring it in, and then its tied up for quite some time until you can actually drive or sell it.

Because of the cost and hassle involved in getting them ready for US roads, most people would make the step up to the GTR. When you're committing that much money, it doesn't make sense to skimp on the car portion of the budget.

-Justin
www.saltgod.org
It's actually 150%, a bond secured to make sure you can cover the conversion costs. The fact is that you don't need to crash test it if it's already been tested, so you can save money there. Plus if a company is certified by the EPA and has done the conversion for someone else already, it's usually relatively cheap (I say relatively because it can be $5-$30k depending on what needs to be done and researched). Aside from that you'd have to pay the import fees (usually $1500 or so including duties/taxes/freight roll-on/off rather than container shipped). Also you get back the difference of the 150% if it doesn't cost that much, or you have to pay more to cover the additional costs before the car can be released to you.

I agree though, if yer gonna drop $70k on it, just get a GTR. R34 GTR is just the bombest ass skyline there is IMO.

·
Registered
18,609 Posts
Justin.b said:
webguyIS said:
It's actually 150%, a bond secured to make sure you can cover the conversion costs.
150% of that price may as well be 1000% as far as my wallet's concerned. No Skyline for me. :(

-Justin
Fo' real. When I was looking at getting an RSX-R and the EVOII, it was gonna be about $50k initially for the Evo and I would have had to purchase 3 (!!!) RSX-Rs for crash testing and certification. Thanks but no thanks.

·
Registered
12,480 Posts
If I won the lotto (atleast $100mill) I would buy you guys a skyline and we'd all live happily ever after. Although I'd love to see all of you try to share that ONE skyline. Heh heh heh. 8)

·
Registered
18,609 Posts
Lex Luthor said:
If I won the lotto (atleast $100mill) I would buy you guys a skyline and we'd all live happily ever after. Although I'd love to see all of you try to share that ONE skyline. Heh heh heh. 8)
Share? I'd just kill anyone who tried to borrow it. Eventually the problem would work itself out.

·
Registered
12,480 Posts
webguyIS said:
Lex Luthor said:
Share? I'd just kill anyone who tried to borrow it. Eventually the problem would work itself out.
And I would sit in the darkest reaches of my headquarters, laughing maniacally, as I watch my plan unfold flawlessly.

·
Registered
18,609 Posts
Lex Luthor said:
webguyIS said:
Lex Luthor said:
And I would sit in the darkest reaches of my headquarters, laughing maniacally, as I watch my plan unfold flawlessly.
Hey if you kept paying me with cars, say, an '03 M3 GTR, then sheit I'd be your slave for life (sans the homoerotic entertainment I know you crave on a daily basis... hire PMDawn for that).

·
Registered
12,480 Posts
webguyIS said:
Lex Luthor said:
webguyIS said:
Lex Luthor said:
Hey if you kept paying me with cars, say, an '03 M3 GTR, then sheit I'd be your slave for life (sans the homoerotic entertainment I know you crave on a daily basis... hire PMDawn for that).
Your proposition has sparked this little light of intelligence...

If someone were to offer you an '03 M3 GTR, for free, but it had penises painted on it and you couldn't do anything about 'em for 2 years, and NO you can't keep the car in the garage the whole time, it had to be driven on a daily basis, would you take it? :crazy:

·
Registered
18,609 Posts
Lex Luthor said:
webguyIS said:
Lex Luthor said:
webguyIS said:
Lex Luthor said:
Um, YES. Not only would it be hilarious, but I'd dust every car under the sun with my c0ck mobile. Plus I could be like, "hey baby, check out my shlongs" and the womens they would swoon to me.

If someone were to offer you an '03 M3 GTR, for free, but it had penises painted on it and you couldn't do anything about 'em for 2 years, and NO you can't keep the car in the garage the whole time, it had to be driven on a daily basis, would you take it? :crazy:

·
Registered
12,480 Posts
webguyIS said:
Lex Luthor said:
webguyIS said:
Lex Luthor said:
webguyIS said:
Lex Luthor said:
Um, YES. Not only would it be hilarious, but I'd dust every car under the sun with my c0ck mobile. Plus I could be like, "hey baby, check out my shlongs" and the womens they would swoon to me.

I applaud you and your humorous, albeit slightly twisted, solution to this fallic fandango. Kudos to you! 8)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
About this Discussion
23 Replies
9 Participants
isekii
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing