Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
15,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
since when does Altima have a type R? When I first saw it, I thought some ricer threw a badge on it. Has anyone seen (experienced) this car yet (SE-R)? How does it do for power? Its a pretty nice car.

 
  • Like
Reactions: LexIShirm

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,889 Posts
you mean the SE-R?
that has been around on the Sentra for a long time. in fact the earily mid 90's Sentra SE-R was a great little drivers car.
how long it's been on the Altima I dont know.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,720 Posts
that doesn't seem like its based on the 2007 Altima is it?

looks more like a photochop.. and a really bland looking sedan it is too...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
15,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Lextech1 said:
you mean the SE-R?
that has been around on the Sentra for a long time. in fact the earily mid 90's Sentra SE-R was a great little drivers car.
how long it's been on the Altima I dont know.
yes, I saw it for the first time last week on the street and wrote it off. Yesterday I saw the same red one in a parking lot. When I took a real look at it (interior) included I figured that this car couldnt possibly be a Road Ricer. It was waaay too detailed.

I search online this AM and found that it is infact a Altima type R
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
15,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
tyks said:
that doesn't seem like its based on the 2007 Altima is it?

looks more like a photochop.. and a really bland looking sedan it is too...
its real :confused:



 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,720 Posts
then its just the old existing Altima SE-R...

I thought it was a post about a new 2007 SE-R... nvm then...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,033 Posts
just like lextech said. it's been around for the sentra for a while. there were rumors of a maxima se-r a little while ago.

the altima comes with stiffer springs a lower ride height and spoty look.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,050 Posts
Same here I was reading a review from Road @ Track on the new Altima. And they said that the newly reworked platform could also accept All-wheel drive for the SE-R model, but it was just their speculation.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,050 Posts
Dtrip77 said:
ahh i see maybe it was a just an se and a ricer put a R on it.
Speed wise both SE and SE-R are basically the same, SE-R will have better handling thou, thanks to bigger wheels and worked up susp.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,990 Posts
The Altima SER is crazy fast if you can hold on to the wheel... I
drove a 6spd in 05 when I worked for Nissan.. The car was alot of
fun, but still, due to it's size and weight, didn't handle as nicely as it
accelerated.

Awd would be key if they up the hp to 300+ on the 07+ model.

j
 

·
Your Dad
Joined
·
13,297 Posts
boman said:
The Altima SER is crazy fast if you can hold on to the wheel... I
drove a 6spd in 05 when I worked for Nissan.. The car was alot of
fun, but still, due to it's size and weight, didn't handle as nicely as it
accelerated.

Awd would be key if they up the hp to 300+ on the 07+ model.

j
with that much horsepower and fwd, the handling department lacks.

the car has great power though. my buddy and i test drove one and it was fun. they can run mid 14's.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,122 Posts
Pawel said:
Speed wise both SE and SE-R are basically the same, SE-R will have better handling thou, thanks to bigger wheels and worked up susp.
what are you talking about?
I've had a Sentra SE-R, and a 200SX SE-R (I ended up boosting this via a HotShot turbo system). The SE and SE-R are 2 different animals. They have different engines to start. The SE-R has a 2 liter SR20DE engine that loves aftermarket products. JWT(Jim Wolf Tech in El Cajon is the shiznick when it comes to Nissans) and is usually boosted using a SR20DET engine from Japan. The SE has a 1.7 litre engine. Also the SE-R models came with LSD. Great cars, negative part was the FWD portion.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,370 Posts
rllinghardis300 said:
what are you talking about?
I've had a Sentra SE-R, and a 200SX SE-R (I ended up boosting this via a HotShot turbo system). The SE and SE-R are 2 different animals. They have different engines to start. The SE-R has a 2 liter SR20DE engine that loves aftermarket products. JWT(Jim Wolf Tech in El Cajon is the shiznick when it comes to Nissans) and is usually boosted using a SR20DET engine from Japan. The SE has a 1.7 litre engine. Also the SE-R models came with LSD. Great cars, negative part was the FWD portion.
very true. SR20 runs pretty strong with or without the turbo. but of course i'd prefer the DET =] (had one in my 240sx)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,370 Posts
they have a couple SE-R altimas in my local lexus dealership (vegas) its a clean ride and i wouldnt mind trading it with my IS...







... wait. yea i would lol
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
696 Posts
I have an 06 SE-R. Agreed that the Sentra SE and SE-R are different in power numbers but the Altimas are basically the same. The Altima SE-R has 10 more bhp due to intake and exhaust changes. Tourque steer is not as bad as you might expect although I'm coming from a Ford Probe GT and Mazdaspeed Protege and haven't had a rear driver since my first car. The car is fast and has good grip but I would not call it agile or quick at all. It's too heavy. The car is great on highways and off ramps. From what I've heard, they've discontinued the SE-R for 2007 and don't plan on bringing it back. I don't think they sold all that well and I was able to get a pretty good deal on mine.

Wheel gap on the car was pretty significant so I dropped it. I don't really have any better pictures than this:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,050 Posts
rllinghardis300 said:
what are you talking about?
I've had a Sentra SE-R, and a 200SX SE-R (I ended up boosting this via a HotShot turbo system). The SE and SE-R are 2 different animals. They have different engines to start. The SE-R has a 2 liter SR20DE engine that loves aftermarket products. JWT(Jim Wolf Tech in El Cajon is the shiznick when it comes to Nissans) and is usually boosted using a SR20DET engine from Japan. The SE has a 1.7 litre engine. Also the SE-R models came with LSD. Great cars, negative part was the FWD portion.
I know what I'm talking about
Cause I'm talking about Altima SE and Altima SE-R with 3.5L V6 ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
15,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
1 - 20 of 34 Posts
Top