Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I bought one of these sets and i'm in the middle of installing it. Its been a nightmare but I think the end result will be worth it. Yes its a china part, but its actually not bad, I can't really complain for the price.

It comes with a fuel rail for 14mm injectors, 90mm throttle body and the FFIM. You have to hammer or cut out a small portion of the shock tower because it hits, you also have to switch to a remote power steering reservoir and switch to braided lines with aftermarket PS pump fittings, the factory lines hit the manifold. Also need to remove the ecu box because the throttle body will be where the ecu normally sits. Obviously you get rid of the air injection injectors, fuel evap system, cruise control and the factory IS300 IAC does not work with the flange, you may need to use a TT, Haltech or GM style IAC if you want good cold starts. You do get to use the factory TPS so thats good.

I'm throwing on an ebay turbo setup, Haltech 2000 and 1000cc injectors. I'll be posting more results once everything shows up and I get a chance to fire it up..

Anyone else tried one of these yet? Google doesn't find anything under the deepmotor name.

You can see where it hits the shock tower, it also rubs the factory wiring harness on the firewall.

·
Mr. Roo
9,583 Posts
Looks like about what you'd expect from a "no name" part for that price point. Hopefully it works and lasts. Chances are nobody will have experience with that "deepmotor" name, because these china parts are a dime a dozen, branded with all sorts of different names, but all the same part, so everyone can make a buck.

Be sure to let us know how it goes with your experience, and it will contribute nicely to the forum and pave the way for future people looking to do the same thing!

·
Registered
2002 Lexus IS300
242 Posts
I have not installed one or heard of Deepmotor until now. It certainly doesn’t look bad. I’m sure it will work just fine. Lots of stuff to move out of the way it seems. But that’s the way it goes.

·
Registered
123 Posts
theres a youtuber that has used that intake mani. had great results so dont bash too hard on it ( just saying ). i might try it over the plasma man when i go na t. i mean many used to bash cx racing stuff but have had great results as THAt company grew

·
Registered
2002 Lexus IS300
242 Posts
I didn’t say anything bad. If it works, use it. It’s personally too much work for what you get out of it for me.

·
Registered
617 Posts
Yep, looks like the Supra “China” IM’s. Bet it’ll work just fine.

factory IS300 IAC does not work with the flange, you may need to use a TT, Haltech or GM style IAC
IS300’s dont have an IACV. They are DBW (drive by wire - it’s an early style half mechanical and half electronic). So you will def need an iacv to maintain idle. I think the Supra guys use a Ford 2 wire iacv. Your haltech will control whatever, you just have to tell it what you’re using. Or you could go back with an aftermarket Bosch dbw throttle body. Keep us posted!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I couldn't find any 66mm o-ring to o-ring injectors, the seller told me they work with the factory LS1 height injectors. So I ordered a set of those. 42lb for now. From what I can tell so far they fit properly. Also bought some eBay injector adapters.

The throttle body is huge I had to buy a 2.5 to 3.75 inch adapter coupler for the intercooler to throttle body section. when I bought the intercooler and piping I wasn't planning on doing the ffim but I just hated that cross over intake way too much. Now I'm regretting buying 2.5 inch piping, I'll fix in the future.

Attachments

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
IS300’s dont have an IACV.
Ahhh ok so I was looking at the steeper motor. It confused me how the throttle body is partial cable controlled and a partial DBW, I thought the 01 was different or something. I blocked off the IAC flange with the included plate but I plan to install one at some point.

The Haltech 2000 plug n play came in this afternoon with the boomslang harness. I really wish Lexus didnt do an engine bay ECU, the positioning is so bad.

·
Registered
2002 Lexus IS300
242 Posts
I plan on running my megasquirt in the trunk most likely due to size and not being able to fit it into the engine bay anywhere. So I will indeed have some tedious work to do wiring it up nicely but oh well.

·
Registered
617 Posts
It confused me how the throttle body is partial cable controlled and a partial DBW, I thought the 01 was different or something.
Im pretty sure all 1G IS3 are the same. The hybrid mechanical/electronic throttle body was so you could still have part throttle to limp home if the electronic control failed. I think it’s like 0-25% mech and 26-100 elec control. The electronic part also steps in and closes the throttle in the event of loss of traction.

really wish Lexus didnt do an engine bay ECU, the positioning is so bad.
Yeah I don’t care for it either. My AEM is under the driver seat. If I did it over, I’d go with a link g4.I’m on a gte VVTi, factory manual car. I’d probs have to do some re-pinning but still better than a whole new harness and co opting the AEM and the stock ecu together.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
For sure, it would be a job but not impossible. One of my planned mods in the future will be stripping the factory chassis and engine harness for a clean reliable custom setup. Almost everything will be removed from my car, going full race.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts