Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Cherisher
4,831 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
it was silver. not stock. sounded awesome! and manual. I don't know what was really going on with it but, in my opinion, it was a nice car. I've never liked the newer GTO's but whatever this guy did, he did it right... except try to race.

long, wide country road with a couple redundant stop lights before getting into town. we were at the first one... he revved! whaat? I look over, behind and all around. no one but us, haha, okay, i'll go...

he had me off the line for a split second and that was all... I could still see him pulling after I had two car lengths on him. needless to say, and surprisingly, he had a big thumbs-up for me when we stopped at the next light. I had a smile and nod for him... done.

I also chased a C5 Corvette on some back roads. The look on his face was priceless when he couldn't leave me :lol: he even waved me along for more after a stop sign and seeing my turn signal. through gesture, I respectfully declined.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Awesome story, my brother has had two of the newer GTO's loved them both and now hes got a 05' CTS-V but I can't wait till i'm able to do this to him haha.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Was it a 5.7 or 6.0? 50 hp difference so nothing too crazy. Those cars can be made fast really easily but they are big fat pigs!

·
Cherisher
4,831 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Awesome story, my brother has had two of the newer GTO's loved them both and now hes got a 05' CTS-V but I can't wait till i'm able to do this to him haha.
hahah

Was it a 5.7 or 6.0? 50 hp difference so nothing too crazy. Those cars can be made fast really easily but they are big fat pigs!
no idea what was under the hood but it sounded sweeet

·
Registered
367 Posts
If it had the hood scoops and the rear bumper that says GTO on it, then it was probably a 6.0.

·
Cherisher
4,831 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
^ ha, thanks man. yeah, I'd say 1/4 mile would be a safe bet. Honestly, I don't think he would have made much of a come back. I'd like to give him the benefit of doubt but he was giving it everything he had and I was still putting distance between us...
our cars with boost are insane!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts