Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The word is out that Sundin, Tucker, Kubina, Kaberle and Mccabe will not be waiving the no trade contracts. First off, i'd like to comment on Sundins decision. People would say it's because he is loyal to the team and sure that's true, but all he had to do was play for 3 months in another jersey and it would bring GREAT prospects and picks. Now our rebuilding process has been set back about 2 years. I respect the mans decision but common, we need some youth.

Kubina and Tucker on the other hand haven't contributed anything to the team and still don't wish to waive. I hope they get boo'd in future games.

What's your take on the situation and what do you think will happen by tomorrow 3pm?

Reactions: pcirone7

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
I think Sundin can do whatever he wants... fans are going to rip him because he doesn't want to move to another team? wtf seriously. I mean he's given his heart and soul to this team and this city, and you say he's not being a 'team player' by waiving his no trade clause for the benefit of the team??? How screwed up is that?

I say in the end NOTHING happens with the Leafs, because of all the stupid moves done prior, we're stuck at in this situation. No one wants to waive their no trade clause, so what can you do? Bench a guy to force him to leave? Sure, what kind of image you giving other players around the league if you do that?

So yeah, thank Sundin for all he's given the team, let him retire as a Leaf... just blame JFJ and Richard Peddie for putting us in this situation.

·
Registered
5,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah but i also think these fans are pretty retarded. I won't be surprised to see a full house next season even if no trades get put through. People support these jack asses and the team will never get better until they stop.

·
Registered
137 Posts
The Leafs management gave them the no-trade when it was time to negotiate their contracts. Blame the Leafs management, not the player... Especially when Sundin, Tucker (very certain that he has been playing hurt big time) gave their hearts and souls to the team. The Leafs management has been classless for so many years, and it seemed to me they still have none.

I am not certain if Sundin will stay as a Leaf next year...It really would be nice to finally have a Leafs captain retiring as a Leafs player.

·
Registered
14,829 Posts
? I thought the Leafs rebuilding has been set back for the last 30 years? Strange how the Raptors can rebuilt in one off season. Must be a management thing. Strangely, I don't think the Leaf fans deserves any less than what the Raptor fan has: a team with management that performs more than mere lip service.

·
Registered
5,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Belak is gone for a 5th round from panthers.
Kubina is said to have waived the NTC.

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
You guys gotta check out the comments on TSN about the Belak trade...

some are citing that Belak was the heart and soul of the team, and that now that he's gone there's no character guys left in the locker room.

wow some people are just so funny. I know Belak's a funny guy, a 'fan fav' I suppose, but 'heart and soul' of the team? gimme a break!!

Huet trade was an odd one... I'd thought he'd have more stock than that, instead of just a 2nd round draft pick.

·
Registered
5,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Richards to Dallas.
Campbell to Sharks.

Now i hear that Kubina won't trade. Bleh.

·
Registered
5,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Gill to Pittsburgh for 2nd and 5th 2008 pick
Pittsburgh also picked up Hossa now.

·
Registered
5,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Total trades from Fletcher. Looks good!
Belak is gone for a 5th round from panthers.
Gill to Pittsburgh for 2nd 2008 pick and 5th 2009 pick.
Kilger to Panthers for 3rd round pick

1 - 13 of 13 Posts