Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I ordered a box of NGK Iridium IX Spark Plugs BKR6EIX-11 stock number 3764. My question is, are these spark plugs pre-gapped? Otherwise I will have to gap them at .44? Running on stock engine with the exception of a new SRT intake that I will be installing soon. I appreciate your help.

·
Registered
569 Posts
I ordered mine form SummitRacing a few weeks ago. All came pre-gapped, but I double checked all of mine before putting them in... you should do the same.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Yup, pre-gapped. Don't drop them either.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Great, I will check them out when I receive them in the mail. Thanks

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
Yep just installed 6 of these just a few months ago.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
How do you like them? Any difference?

·
Registered
569 Posts
How do you like them? Any difference?
I did mine as I just hit 60k and thought I had non-iridium plugs in my car, gas mileage was getting worse too.

After getting everything apart I saw that my plugs were iridium but were pretty charred up so I didn't feel bad replacing them. Smoother idle/acceleration, improved MPG, improved throttle response... I'm not saying it's the plugs(NGK) specifically. Most likely just the nice fresh plugs that helped.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So I just got the plugs in the mail and I could not tell if these plugs are ? gapped at .44? These are the BKR6EIX-11 stock number . These are already gapped and just want to make sure these are pregabbed at .44.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
10,782 Posts
I would check the gap, to make sure that they are at .44 :p

I just bought a set of Platinum NGK plugs. Should I get the iridium version instead?

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Unfortunately, I do not know how to check the gap. I am sure its in the forums....help
The iridiums are supposed be a good....I will let you guys know how they turn out when I get them in.

·
Premium Member
3,582 Posts
huh. I thought those came pregapped at .32 or .28 for boosted applications....
because I think those are the plugs that I ordered when I was boosted.
Pregapped.

·
Registered
569 Posts
I would check the gap, to make sure that they are at .44 :p

I just bought a set of Platinum NGK plugs. Should I get the iridium version instead?
Check where you ordered them, or take one out of the box.. I believe mine said Iridium on them. The iridium are supposed to be good for 90k miles before being serviced. It's not a difficult job but not exactly fun either, I'd spend the extra couple bucks to be able to put it off for an additional 30k miles.

To Nubel, go to your nearest automotive parts place and ask for a spark plug gapper(they usually have boxes of them sitting by the checkout lines), shouldn't cost more than $1 and is great to have in any toolbox.

Edit:
Here's a link to the set I ordered.
NGK Spark Plugs 3764

·
Premium Member
10,782 Posts
Unfortunately, I do not know how to check the gap. I am sure its in the forums....help
The iridiums are supposed be a good....I will let you guys know how they turn out when I get them in.
Go to an auto supply store. They have a thing called a gapper, its a flat circular piece of metal., it has numbers around the edges. It looks like a half dollar coin.

Good luck

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
So I just bought a gapper from autozone. I brought one of the plugs from home to work and the gap is at .41. I will check the rest of them later tonight. Is this gap ok? As mentioned before, I am running stock with the exception of an SRT intake going in soon and a header. What is the difference of different gaps if you were for example comparing a .30 gap to a .50 gap?

·
Registered
569 Posts
So I just bought a gapper from autozone. I brought one of the plugs from home to work and the gap is at .41. I will check the rest of them later tonight. Is this gap ok? As mentioned before, I am running stock with the exception of an SRT intake going in soon and a header. What is the difference of different gaps if you were for example comparing a .30 gap to a .50 gap?
.41 will be just fine.

This the gap you are measuring, between the elctrode and the end of the plug:

Howstuffworks "Spark Plug"

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks reefer!!

Matt

·
Registered
404 Posts