Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All rite guyz, I know you all want to go back to Speedring... I know I do because I really need to improve my times.

So let's set up another date...suggestions anyone?

------------------
'01 Millenium Silver Metallic IS300

·
Registered
541 Posts
How about the morning or early afternoon of Saturday the 27th? That Sunday is bad for me because of the Buttonwillow track event, at which I hope to see some of you.

We will probably need to make reservations ASAP.

[This message has been edited by Young (edited January 16, 2001).]

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The 27th sounds good to me...

Let's try to get as many bimmer, acura, and lexus owners as possible...mostly IS owners tho...heh

------------------
'01 Millenium Silver Metallic IS300

·
Am I Hype-R???
13,648 Posts
so, who's going to make the reservations this time??? or do you guys want me to do it??? we can make it closer to lunch time or dinner time so we can all go get something to eat if you guys want...lemme know...

so far, if we have it on the 27th...we have like 4-5 guys in right???

------------------
2001 IS300 Graphite Grey
98 MB CLK 320 white
94 Supra TT/6-speed/HardTop/black
90 Integra pearl white

·
Am I Hype-R???
13,648 Posts
okay now...let's start the list agian:

1) Hyper
2)
3)
4)
5)
6)
7)
8)
9)
10)
11)
12)

------------------
2001 IS300 Graphite Grey
98 MB CLK 320 white
90 Integra pearl white

·
Registered
541 Posts
1) Hyper
2) Young
3)
4)
5)
6)
7)
8)
9)
10)
11)
12)

Please make it close to lunch time, not dinner. I have to get down to Buttonwillow (near Bakersfield) in the late afternoon/early evening. Thanks.

·
Am I Hype-R???
13,648 Posts
i'll give them a call later...

i had an idea...since we have a hard time figuring out who is who...after we get the final logo done, i can send it down to my friend and see if she can do an emroidered shirt or jacket...then we can go one step further...and put our screen name on it too...

for example...

IS300.net
HyperMKIV

so whatever the logo is...put your name under it...so when we meet up, everyone will know who you are...maybe polo shirts or like um, jackets or soemthing...

just a thought...

------------------
2001 IS300 Graphite Grey
98 MB CLK 320 white
90 Integra pearl white

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
1) Hyper
2) Young
3) TEG
4)
5)
6)
7)
8)
9)
10)
11)
12)

Maybe we should consider moving these SpeedRing discussions to another forum (like in the parking lot) or a private email list???

What would be really sweet is to have a SpeedRing sign up web site that shows the planned date/time and lets people submit their name to a form to update the dynamic list.

(Not that I am volunteering to build it right now, but maybe if I free up some time).

·
Registered
204 Posts
Originally posted by HyperMKIV:
i'll give them a call later...

i had an idea...since we have a hard time figuring out who is who...after we get the final logo done, i can send it down to my friend and see if she can do an emroidered shirt or jacket...then we can go one step further...and put our screen name on it too...

for example...

IS300.net
HyperMKIV

so whatever the logo is...put your name under it...so when we meet up, everyone will know who you are...maybe polo shirts or like um, jackets or soemthing...

just a thought...

Hyper, how about tank top, shorts, and slippers, man?! Did you lose all your Hawaiian spirit?

1) Hyper
2) Young
3) TEG
4) cyclops
5)
6)
7)
8)
9)
10)
11)
12)

·
Registered
34 Posts
I wish i can come this time but saturday just won't do it for me from now on since I have school from 9am to 4pm...have fun ..I will look forward to the next event...

·
Am I Hype-R???
13,648 Posts
dave...where's your priorities??? fun b4 school man...
j/k...

------------------
2001 IS300 Graphite Grey
98 MB CLK 320 white
90 Integra pearl white

·
Am I Hype-R???
13,648 Posts
you make like you never missed a few hours of school b4...heh...you must have either a cute teacher or some hot chick sitting next to you or something...

------------------
2001 IS300 Graphite Grey
98 MB CLK 320 white
90 Integra pearl white

·
Am I Hype-R???
13,648 Posts
if i reserve two heats...do you guys want them back to back or with a rest in between??? or should we go for 3 heats??? i'll send this invitation to my friends again...so we may have a pretty big group again...let me know...

------------------
2001 IS300 Graphite Grey
98 MB CLK 320 white
90 Integra pearl white

·
Registered
697 Posts
[enviously]ARRGGGG, i hate you guys!
[/enviously]

Well anyway, i just saw two IS today, one, silver in chinatown and one in the parking lot of UIC...

cheers!!

·
Registered
541 Posts
Originally posted by HyperMKIV:
if i reserve two heats...do you guys want them back to back or with a rest in between??? or should we go for 3 heats???
How about a heat before lunch and a heat after lunch? Or if that's too much of a time commitment for folks, a 15-minute break between heats. I think 3 heats would be pushing it. I know I'm in no shape to do 3.

·
Am I Hype-R???
13,648 Posts
i meant that for those who want to race in two heats...they can do first then third...rest in between...it really depends on how many people we can get though...

------------------
2001 IS300 Graphite Grey
98 MB CLK 320 white
90 Integra pearl white

·
Registered
9 Posts
1) Hyper
2) Young
3) TEG
4) cyclops
5) chiem
6) X5er (George)
7)
8)
9)
10)
11)
12)

I'll also post on the bimmer forum to see if anyone else wants to go....let's make it big this time....not that it wasn't big the last time...

1 - 20 of 72 Posts
About this Discussion
71 Replies
16 Participants
nemesiss
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing