Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 03 with a greddy evo 2 exhaust AEM intake and BBS wheels so I was wondering what would be the next logical upgrade to get some power from my is? Something DIY and not super duper expensive.

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
I would say headers.

·
Premium Member
5,207 Posts
toss a mazzuri super header and y pipe on there.

Reactions: mycalr

·
Registered
381 Posts
If your worried about smoging just put a megan y-pipe on no O2 sim required and WILL pass smog. If you don't care about smoging (like me) go with a megan headers and y-pipe combo or mazzuri combo. Both of them WILL need an O2 sim. If you get the megan you can also piece it together. Get the y-pipe now and then the headers later. The mazzuri you have to buy the whole combo together. Just think about it.

·
Registered
4,487 Posts
Go with some Mazzuri headers if youre looking for power. You should look into doin some suspension work though to make your IS handle better. Thats just my opinion.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Headers. Exhaust Cam Gear after all engine mods.

I agree with JPLexIS, try some suspension mods. The benefits are great and relative to what you can do to your car, they are fairly inexpensive.

·
Registered
753 Posts
for power; everyone is right - get a header

but 'next logical mod' imo is:

brakes/stopping: steel lines, motul 600 fluid and decent pads
- or -
suspension/handling: sways are cheapest and easiest DIY for suspension

·
13,727 Posts
Not to thread jack but.........

When you add the y pipe, and no header (for emissions) does the car get loud like with a header or does the stock exhaust manifold keep things quiet??

·
Registered
3,290 Posts
Header and Y-pipe, SAFCII, cam gear....get it tuned and your set. Although, header wise, I'd stick with something simple like Megan, Alphawerks, OBX, and etc., and ect....The Mazzuri is a great setup but, I think that it is too loud imo. Sounds really nice at WOT but, if you want a conservative sound with gains, stick with regular headers....but, if you are strictly just all performance, go with the Mazzuri. G/L on your journey bro.

·
Registered
3,290 Posts
Not to thread jack but.........

When you add the y pipe, and no header (for emissions) does the car get loud like with a header or does the stock exhaust manifold keep things quiet??
the Y-Pipe does add extra noise but, a good one. gives your car a much better exhaust note...adding headers will def increase noise levels.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts