Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
935 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
641 Posts
[blatant speculation]With the GS not arriving until spring 2005, I can't imagine the new IS sedan will arrive before fall 2005 as an '06. Nobody's heard anything about the next Altezza either, right? I figure something like new Altezza in summer/fall 05 with IS in winter/spring 06.[/blatant speculation]

·
Registered
385 Posts
WildWeasel said:
[blatant speculation]With the GS not arriving until spring 2005, I can't imagine the new IS sedan will arrive before fall 2005 as an '06. Nobody's heard anything about the next Altezza either, right? I figure something like new Altezza in summer/fall 05 with IS in winter/spring 06.[/blatant speculation]
werd

·
Registered
3,261 Posts
Wouldn't the coupe version of an IS, not be an IS anymore? I mean, IS stands for I<something> Sedan. Like LS, GS, ES... All sedans. The only coupe is the SC. So if Lexus were to make a 3-liter coupe, wouldn't it be a SC300 or SC330? Probably based on the current SC430 and not a future IS300?

Unless the plan to call it something like IC300...

·
Registered
400 Posts
The Lexus IS 300 has been a sales disappointment, but Lexus executives have said the next-generation will have coupe and convertible variants in addition to the sedan, likely to sharply increase volume.

-Autoweek-

·
Premium Member
16,536 Posts
crontab said:
That would be my guess...

·
Registered
15,540 Posts
crontab said:
Wouldn't the coupe version of an IS, not be an IS anymore? I mean, IS stands for I<something> Sedan. Like LS, GS, ES... All sedans. The only coupe is the SC. So if Lexus were to make a 3-liter coupe, wouldn't it be a SC300 or SC330? Probably based on the current SC430 and not a future IS300?

yea, im sure thats their biggiest dillemma right now.... what to call it...

who says the S stands for Sedan anymore... its just a name... it would still be a sedan platform, so im sure it would just be IS300 still maybe a IS300c or somthing cutsie like that...

·
Registered
924 Posts
HoustonLex said:
crontab said:

yea, im sure thats their biggiest dillemma right now.... what to call it...

who says the S stands for Sedan anymore... its just a name... it would still be a sedan platform, so im sure it would just be IS300 still maybe a IS300c or somthing cutsie like that...
When I last checked, the "IS300 SportCross" was a wagon, not a sedan. :chill:

·
Registered
51 Posts
A new 2006 IS is for 2005 calendar year is a definite possibility, IMO. I read a Automotive News article today entitled "Toyota to revamp Lexus lineup by '05". Toyota wants to introduce the Lexus badge in Japan by 05, and they do not want to simply rebadge current Japanese products. The article therefore says: "Toyota plan to revew the ENTIRE Lexus lineup by 2005 in anticipation of the launch of the Lexus brand in Japan that year."

So any rumors about the next generation Altezza would be as pertinent to the launch of the next IS than rumors about the next Corrolla. (Read: no connection between Altezza and the IS going forward.)

·
Registered
2,489 Posts
Who says they aren't going to discontinue a disappointing product? If the car does not sell in the US, but sells in Japan, I can see them clearly taking it from the US market. The car was not built here, nor were any parts fabricated here (to my knowledge it was 99.9% JP correct?) It's not like the 2JZ was a new engine that flopped; that platform has made Toyota profit again and again. I dunno, just my insight.

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
Re: Wouldn't the coupe version of an IS, not be an IS anymor

Jo-Jo1989 said:
import sedan :-?
Actually it's "International Sedan"

·
Registered
935 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Re: Wouldn't the coupe version of an IS, not be an IS anymor

doodlebug said:
Jo-Jo1989 said:
import sedan :-?
Actually it's "International Sedan"
I always thought IS stood for "International Sedan" or "International Sports".

·
Registered
18,519 Posts
miguelfig said:
hmmmm i wonder why is300 dont sell as well, that makes me wonder. very interesting.
because most LEXUS owners go to the dealer and buy the GS300, GS400 or GS430 instead....

the numbers will show that most IS300 owners usually get it because they couldnt afford the GS300, yet still purchased the LEXUS..

sad but true... :lol:

·
Registered
5,347 Posts
tsopranoMB said:
miguelfig said:
hmmmm i wonder why is300 dont sell as well, that makes me wonder. very interesting.
because most LEXUS owners go to the dealer and buy the GS300, GS400 or GS430 instead....

the numbers will show that most IS300 owners usually get it because they couldnt afford the GS300, yet still purchased the LEXUS..

sad but true... :lol:
that is so true :cry:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.