Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
4,523 Posts
I like the modern interpretation of the original, and it's about time Ford used a modern chassis as well!

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
Im a little weary of the rear, but the profile and "classic" front grill look pretty good.

Correct me if Im wrong, as I just skimmed thru the article, but isn't 260hp a little weak for a mustang....considering theres a HP for dollar amount war going on? :-?

It should be up around 300hp's.

·
Registered
3,799 Posts
the back looks like ass (no pun intended) the front looks straight as hell though, hmm should be interesting but nothing i would want to get.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Not bad. It's about time they lost the live axle.

Could be a tad more curvaceous around the middle, though. Needs a bit of a Coke bottle and less of the straight through of the new Viper.

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
could have been better. it looks kinda wacky, like a space age meets retro mustang. Pretty bland, it needs some Red Rooster on it.

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
Off-TRAC said:
Not bad. It's about time they lost the live axle.

Could be a tad more curvaceous around the middle, though. Needs a bit of a Coke bottle and less of the straight through of the new Viper.
Personally, I wish they would have kept the live axle. It makes for a MUST better drag racing setup as opposed to an IRS setup.

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
I'm on board. Will I get one, probably not, but it's a major improvement and yet another step in the right direction for Detroit iron.

·
I'm Kind of a Big Deal
26,421 Posts
Yeah, Ford decided to make a RED 2-SEATER prototype of a car that's not scheduled until '05 and then drive it out on the beach and let some hack take a pic from 20 feet. This is the most anticipated Mustang change in what, 20 years?

It's a concept car, using next-gen Stang ideas, that's all.

·
Registered
12,480 Posts
Hey, as long as it doesn't come with Altezza lights...

·
Registered
12,480 Posts
vaca22 said:
It's still gheyer than a Liberace convention in Provincetown, especially with those gouges on the sides of the car. :-?
Isn't that what Richard Simmons used to DRIVE? :crazy:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts