Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
4,523 Posts
I like the modern interpretation of the original, and it's about time Ford used a modern chassis as well!

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
Im a little weary of the rear, but the profile and "classic" front grill look pretty good.

Correct me if Im wrong, as I just skimmed thru the article, but isn't 260hp a little weak for a mustang....considering theres a HP for dollar amount war going on? :-?

It should be up around 300hp's.

·
Registered
3,799 Posts
the back looks like ass (no pun intended) the front looks straight as hell though, hmm should be interesting but nothing i would want to get.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Not bad. It's about time they lost the live axle.

Could be a tad more curvaceous around the middle, though. Needs a bit of a Coke bottle and less of the straight through of the new Viper.

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
could have been better. it looks kinda wacky, like a space age meets retro mustang. Pretty bland, it needs some Red Rooster on it.

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
Off-TRAC said:
Not bad. It's about time they lost the live axle.

Could be a tad more curvaceous around the middle, though. Needs a bit of a Coke bottle and less of the straight through of the new Viper.
Personally, I wish they would have kept the live axle. It makes for a MUST better drag racing setup as opposed to an IRS setup.

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
I'm on board. Will I get one, probably not, but it's a major improvement and yet another step in the right direction for Detroit iron.

·
I'm Kind of a Big Deal
26,421 Posts
Yeah, Ford decided to make a RED 2-SEATER prototype of a car that's not scheduled until '05 and then drive it out on the beach and let some hack take a pic from 20 feet. This is the most anticipated Mustang change in what, 20 years?

It's a concept car, using next-gen Stang ideas, that's all.

·
Registered
12,480 Posts
Hey, as long as it doesn't come with Altezza lights...

·
Registered
12,480 Posts
vaca22 said:
It's still gheyer than a Liberace convention in Provincetown, especially with those gouges on the sides of the car. :-?
Isn't that what Richard Simmons used to DRIVE? :crazy:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
About this Discussion
26 Replies
22 Participants
trd24m
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing