Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought that would get you attention...

OK, we need new and interesting topics. With the car coming out in a month, we keep rehashing the same topics over and over...

I got one...you think the IS can produce some good parking lot burn outs?

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
You get the Family Feud buzzer on that new topic.

·
Registered
19,476 Posts
I can barely do that in my GS400 (because of the limited slip differential), so you probably will not be able to do that in an IS300 and definitely won't be able to do that with the Limited Slip Differential option.... Go to the BMW dealership and Floor a 328i Automatic....no drama... no tire spinning..... it just goes.. probably just like the IS300....
Eric......

·
Registered
19,476 Posts
Yes and with only 215 hp and a limited slip differential, there's no way in hell you can normally do that...
Eric....

·
Registered
113 Posts
Oh. You guys are so silly.
Wazzup, don't do that. Don't you mess up your new IS like that.....do DONUTS!!! Just kidding.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I was just getting board with all the rehashed topics...

Actually this will be my baby...I'm gonna take real good care of this one. Previously I owned a 90 Supra, and a 97 eclipse spyder. I modded and beat the hell out of those cars.

But not the IS.

·
Registered
19,476 Posts
If you guys want to do burnouts get a Z28, Trans Am, Mustang or any other muscle car for that matter.... The IS300 is not a car for burnouts at the drag strip or stop light. It's a car for a curvy canyon road and spirited high speed driving on the beltways and freeways...

Eric....

·
Registered
19,476 Posts
Well Brandon... it wouldn't fair well....You won't see any smoke, but you'll hear a little chirp....
Eric...

·
Registered
398 Posts
I've been practicing doing 180s with my Altezza using parking brakes. (So I can spin at low speeds.) It makes a hell of a screech and its good practice to start drifting. The bad part is that the tires are getting shaved off at the edges. I only have 11000km (7000miles) on the car but I may have to get a new set pretty soon.

I can never do a parking lot burn out with a 2L engine, but the sensation of drifting the rear tires and power throttling is quite fun in its own way.

Although I must admit the ride of my Altezza has become much worse due to the shaved tires.

How do you do a burn out in automatic? Do you floor the pedal while in Neutral and then shift to drive? Or do you only have to floor it if you have enough torque and power?

·
Registered
19,476 Posts
"How do you do a burn out in automatic? Do you floor the pedal while in Neutral and then shift to drive?

Well if I did that I would soon need a new Automatic transmission... The way I do a burnout in my GS400 (which I rarely do) is turn the steering wheel about 1 turn then I floor it (without using the brake)... It really spins the wheels and there is a lot of smoke...
Eric....

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
Hold down on the brakes with your left foot.
Step on the gas with your right foot.
Wait until the RPMs are up and the
car sounds like it is going to self
destruct (which it might!) then let off
of the brakes.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts