Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

i was at the dealer the other day and i got some new info on a remote start system for the IS. Originally i had gotton quotes from several audio shops and was quoted around 1000 dollars and they would have to hard wire the transponder in the car to enable the remote start.

this is bad because any copy of the key will start the car.

Well the dealership offers the remote start for 595.00 and they DO not hard wire the transponder in the car. They said they figured out a new way to wire it up by using some kind loopback wire. which means that they dont have to use one of the keys for the transponder

This 595 also gets you a new remote control unit for the locks and so forth which means they will disable the buttons on the keys itself.

just a little info for those of you looking at remote start for those COLD winters

ONYX 01

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
is the alarm built into the key?? anyone have pics??

------------------
--==Impatiently waiting for my SBM 5sp Manual and the Nasdaq to double==--

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Originally posted by AltezzaRoku:
is the alarm built into the key?? anyone have pics??

The alarm has a transponder that is biult into the key. this is because the only way to start the car is if the transponder in within inches of the ignition (thus putting the key in will start the car). In the ignition is the receiving end of the transponder. i think this is great for security reasons because you cant start the car without the keys given to you from the dealer

ONYX 01

1 - 5 of 5 Posts