Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
New Audi styling is really bad. Now the only good looking Audi left is the A8, and the 2002 version of that is hideously ugly.

Its a shame really, Audis used to be so clean and understated.

------------------
Stephen Withrow
[email protected]

98 Lexus LS400
97 Ford Explorer Limited

·
Registered
19,476 Posts
Styling is a subjective issue. From the messages above and from the ealier Post (On the All new A4) it seems that the consensus is that you guys are disappointed with the styling (as you should be, being that the A4 is and will continue to be an IS300 competitor
) However if you look at past issues from Automobile, Car & Driver, Road & Track, and Motor Trend road testing and comparing the A6 to other cars most editors find the exterior to be Beautiful.... I personally think the styling of the A6 2.8/2.7T is bland, but the A6 4.2 Sport with the flared fenders and 17inch polished Aluminum sport wheels looks nice to me... I think the new A4 will have to grow on me, but I'll have to see it for myself in person...
Eric...

·
Registered
19,476 Posts
As far as design in concerned, Audi is more interested in form over function... This is evidenced by the TT. For some people, that car is very asthetically pleasing to the eye (look at latest Roadster comparsion in C&D). However it seems that Audi wasn't concerned with extensive wind tunnel testing. It seems that Audi designed the car that was pleasing to the eye but not pleasing to the wind. When the TT debuted there were many high speed crashes on the autobahn in which the back end just lifted off the ground. ooopps Audi did some minor suspension tweaks and added that lip-like spoiler in the rear... How could they overlook such a shortcoming...?
Eric....

·
Registered
19,476 Posts
Originally posted by kota:
As far as adjustments to the TT, a lot of the accidents were caused by boneheaded drivers taking a turn at over 100mph.
[This message has been edited by kota (edited October 16, 2000).]
Are you sure Kota? I've read in a few places that the accidents were due to aerodynamic problems at high speeds....
Eric...

·
Registered
19,476 Posts
Audis are traditionally known for high speed stablity throughout their entire model range so this must have come as a surprise to enthusiats.... I wonder what happened to those drivers that wrecked at 100mph....
Eric....

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
About this Discussion
13 Replies
7 Participants
EricK
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing