Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys im new and im looking in to buying a new car and was wondering about the oil change on the is300 how much does it cost at the dealer. Im just gathering up some information for my costs thanks for ur guy's help

·
Registered
6,985 Posts
Well, the dealerships dont really do oil changes. They do what they call sevices. And they cost a shit load sometimes. I just got back from my 10,000 mile one and it was 200 bucks. I dont really know what they do. Maybe somebody will chime in that knows the procedures they do in a service.

·
Registered
28,808 Posts
You can always have it changed at a Toyota dealership instead of Lexus for about $30.

·
Registered
9,720 Posts
twosixty said:
hey guys im new and im looking in to buying a new car and was wondering about the oil change on the is300 how much does it cost at the dealer. Im just gathering up some information for my costs thanks for ur guy's help
if you are worried about the costs of maintenance of the car, I would go buy something cheaper you can afford to live within your means

·
Registered
6,985 Posts
ltunedgirl said:
twosixty said:
if you are worried about the costs of maintenance of the car, I would go buy something cheaper you can afford to live within your means
Now, that is a good point too.

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Welcome... If you're serious about the IS (and there is no reason not to be), I'd recommend concentrating more on the negotiated price of the vehicle... Save $1000 on the price of your car and you can have 20 oil changes at $50 each of course...

For me, it's not the price of the oil changes that gets to me (since you only have to do them every 8000 kms), it's the price of premium gas! But, it's a give and take game. And trust me, you get alot from the IS!!!

Good luck!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Always use Mobil 1......Then you only have to change it every 7500 miles....I agree with going to Toyota for the service change....They use the exact same filter as lexus, but charge 1/2 as much for labor.....Bring your own oil and you just saved $40.

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
You did not even spell "newbie" correctly in your subject heading!!!!

For the love of God!!!!!!!!!!

:)

I'm sure if you go to Lexus and ask for a breakdown of normally scheduled service prices, they will help you!

Good luck!

twosixty said:

·
Registered
712 Posts
I used to do it myself but in MI it gets damn cold. I used mobil 1 FULL synthetic and a pure 1 oil filter. It costa me about $35. I get pleasure from taking care of my baby. Lexus dealer does an oil change w/ regular 5W30 motor oil. If that's all u want is an oil change, go to a local shop. I now go to my local VALVOLINE shop and get an oil change from the. I still pay 40-$50 for an oil change from them. The dealership can and will do more but they will charge u a boatload. I personally don't think its worth it. I will do the major stuff froma professional but oil is something that u can take to any reputable place and get it done. If u go to a hop and don't want Full sysnthetic oil u can get away w/ spending $30 for an oil change and still be coverred under the lexus warranty by taking care of your vehicle and servicing when the interval was recommended. Hope this helps....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
About this Discussion
10 Replies
10 Participants
LX4U2NV
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing