Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am hoping to become a new IS300 owner in the near future. The only hard part is selling my Excursion first. With gas prices the way they are its hard to sell guzzlers right now. I have gone through my share of fast cars and the import world (had mustangs, an integra, still have a civic, etc.) and now just want a nice good looking 4dr. car that doesn't make me feel old. I have no intentions on trying to mod the car and don't want one that has been. I am hoping to buy one for around 15 since thats what I am trying to sell my Ex for. At this price I have found several from the 70-100k mileage range. Are there any mileage related problems I should be aware of? I prefer an auto so if they are bad about going out at the mid 100's I would like to know now. Anything you wish you would have known before you bought yours?

·
Premium Member
6,292 Posts
Well the IS is'nt really a gas miser like the Civic, to me mileage wise it decent. There are menbers here with well over 100k miles on their ISs and running like a top. Good luck.

Welcome aboard, enjoy surfing the site. :)

·
Registered
4,925 Posts
compared to an $80 fill up for the excursion, i think it saves a lot of gas lol.

·
Registered
216 Posts
$80? Heh, more like $130 in my 40 gallon Suburban. I parked it in the driveway and bought an 02 IS300 5sp as my new DD.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No kidding the Ex has a 44 gal. tank and just a few weeks ago gas prices here jumped up to 3.29 for reg. thats almost 150 bucks for under 450 miles. Luckily my dad bought a 1994 Mazda MX-6 dirt cheap he was gonna resale and make some money on that I have been driving to and from work (50 miles round trip). Considering that I am not into modding or the import world do you think the GS would be a better choice for me? I just really like the looks of the IS, but for the same money I could get something like a 99 GS400.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I was going to post this in the sale section, but I don't have enough post yet. I doubt it will get much attention from this crowd anyway but if anyone has any interest in my Excursion to buy or trade I thought I would post a little info about it. It is a 2000 Excursion limited 4x4 V-10. It is black with tan around the bottom and tan leather. I bought it just the way it sits from my local Ford dealer at the first part of the year. It has a 6" Fabtech lift kit, Eagle Alloy 16" wheels, and BFG mud terrains (like new). The reason for selling is just because I don't drive it. Since I have had it I have put less than 3000 miles on it. The odometer is now at 96000. Engine sounds great and the V-10 has great power. Transmission shifts really smooth. Has new front and rear brakes. Has never been off road since I have had it. Only blemishes are a dent in the right front corner of the chrome front bumper and a small dent abouve the bumper in the left rear qtr. panel. E-mail me for pictures [email protected]. Truck is located just outside of Charlotte NC.

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
I dont think this is the best site to sell a Ford Excursion. You may want to give E-bay a shot.

Welcome aboard.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts