Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
8,827 Posts
Yes, it is still under warranty.

·
Registered
565 Posts
only way it loses the warranty is if it gets a salvage title i beleive.

·
Interior Handling Expert
1,752 Posts
the batmobile said:
if my car is under 50,000 miles.. and i bought my car used from a private owner, is my car still under warranty? can i goto any lexus dealer and get something fixed if its under warranty? im sorry.. i know this is a very newbie question..
I'm pretty sure that the warranty is tranferable from owner to owner.

·
8,827 Posts
the batmobile said:
so i can goto any lexus dealer and get my cd changer fixed for free?
Yes.
Do not forget to put masking tape over the dash around the CD Changer/AC control area so they wouldn't scratch up the dash when the assembly is removed. If you don't, they will.

·
Interior Handling Expert
1,752 Posts
vlad_a said:
the batmobile said:
so i can goto any lexus dealer and get my cd changer fixed for free?
Yes.
Do not forget to put masking tape over the dash around the CD Changer/AC control area so they wouldn't scratch up the dash when the assembly is removed. If you don't, they will.
Excellent suggestion vlad_a. Mine got scuffed :pissed: when I put my satellite radio in and that material is unfixable.

·
8,827 Posts
^^^^
Thanks.
I was able to save a few dash boards here. :D
I came up with that tip after analyzing my first stereo disassembly.

·
11,054 Posts
Chigger said:
luke722 said:
I'm pretty sure that the warranty is tranferable from owner to owner.
If I remember right, there's a charge for transfering warranty to another owner if you sell your car privately.
I would figure that is for an extended warranty that was purchased...

·
Registered
670 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
While I agree that the warranty is transferrable I believe that there is a caveat to buying from a private owner. I would think a dealership would be a lot less giving towards someone who brings them a random, used Lexus (even if it's still covered under warranty). To expect the same level of service compared to someone who actually purchased the car from that dealership might be folly. Just a warning!

·
Registered
3,839 Posts
Your Lexus warrenty will be honered whoever owns the car. the drawback is, if your a new owner just coming to the lex dealer for the first time, they wont go out of thier way to help you as much. We call private buyers "lost sheep" at my dealer. dont get me wrong though they still get excellent treatment, just not as many freebies.

·
8,827 Posts
A smart dealership will go out of its way for every customer. Why? Because some of them will come back to them when shopping for another vehicle.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.