Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I've made a change for the better I think. My last car was an 07 Acura TL-S. :) It was a nice car, it had every option available, but there were a few things that I didn't like (of course there were many things I did like though). It had many rattles, kind of like my 92 Camaro Z28 (another fun car that was cheaply built), and the front wheel drive torque steer was terrible.

Maybe you guys can help, there's a few things that I don't understand about the car, and I haven't had enough time to search the forums or my owners manual. When I unlock the doors through the sensors in the handle, only 1 door unlocks, how can I change that to all doors unlock at the same time?

Is it possible to turn the traction control off? Everytime I do, after a couple of gear changes, the traction control is back on :suspiciou

The back seats a little smaller than my TL-S was, but I don't sit back there :) Other than that, this car is built so much better, it's tighter and more solid than the TL-S. Love this car so far.

·
Registered
5,052 Posts
You can change the one door/all doors thing, check the owners manual for the exact steps.... this can also be changed when you get your LPS done at the dealership, but since this is one of the few settings you can change on your own you should read up how to do it.

On traction control- assuming it's an 07 or 08 just hold down the traction control button on the right hand side of the dash until you see both the 2 wavy lines and the VSC lights come on- now both traction control and VSC are OFF. (this is as opposed to just a quick press of the button)

If it's an 06 there's a pedal dance you can do that a quick search will reveal.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cool. Then I won't have hardly anything to complain about if I just read the manual. That's good news. I like to disengage the traction control on occasions, it makes the car fun if you know what you're doing. Thanks for the insight knightshade.

·
Registered
276 Posts
I think if you sit in the car (door may need to be closed), and press the lock and unlock buttons on the remote at the same time, you will hear a beep, and that will indicate you have changed to/from 1 door/4 doors.

DO NOT let the dealer change this for you.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Here's a picture of mine

I got mine with the upgraded wheels, and the HKS Lexus exhaust. Man I love this car

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Wow, that would of been a hard one to walk away from in terms of performance. It's hard to beat the Z06 in performance, especially for the money.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I agree! I miss the z06. I actually got rid of the vette months ago. Just couldn't settle on what to buy. I drove the IS350, and the BMW 335i. I wanted a car that had power but also had refinement and luxury. I think I found that in the IS350. Although, now that I have driven my IS350 some, I think I like the z06 better. Maybe I'll give it to my wife and look for another z06. Decisions...decisions...

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I know what you mean. Its not the same as the coevette. It is a really nice car. However if I didn't need a backseat in my daily driver I'd be driving a vette. However I do like the Lexus enough to pacify me until my daughter gets older or until I feel the need for a weekend car.

·
Registered
22 Posts
One of the reasons I got rid of my z06 was I hardly drove it. I never drove it if the weather was going to be bad. I wouldnt drive it to places like Wal-Mart, or Home Depot from experience. If you park way out, some ******* would park Right next to you so close you couldnt get in. People would also key, or damage your car in some way because they think you're so arogant you have to park way out. Then people would just be pissed that there was a z06 there and it wasnt theirs. I put 7k miles on the car in over 2 years. I wanted a car I could enjoy on a daily basis without having to worry about it. But look at me, I miss the car so much I am thinking of buying another one. But chances are I wont. Atleast not for a while.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts