Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm buying a 2002 IS300 auto. I plan on doing a SRT intake w/ecu, and a HKS Drager exhaust, and a set of TRD sway bars. Will i get a few HP, or are the advertised hp gains real. Are those 3 things a good thing to start with?

·
Registered
12,157 Posts
all that bolt on stuff is easy, both the srt and exhaust should give you the advertised gains, around 20 to 23hp total. those 3 things sound great, what are your final goals?

-gte

TimP said:
I'm buying a 2002 IS300 auto. I plan on doing a SRT intake w/ecu, and a HKS Drager exhaust, and a set of TRD sway bars. Will i get a few HP, or are the advertised hp gains real. Are those 3 things a good thing to start with?

·
Registered
1,877 Posts
Yeah, those are good starting mods. That's cool that you got trd sway bars cuz they're pretty hard to find. From what i've seen, that intake and exhaust has made alot of people happy. Don't worry, with all the tutorials and help from the members, modding an IS is rather easy. The problem is deciding when to stop. :D

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just would like to have a nice high 6 0-60 car. something than can beat a v6 camaro or stang. I nice quick sports sedan. I have had a supercharged 1999 Z28, and a K04 equipped Audi S4. Both were totaled when I was hit by other cars. I have a 2002 Mercedes C230 Sports coupe now. But I need a sporty 4 door car again. I like the C32 but its too much.

IS300GTE said:
all that bolt on stuff is easy, both the srt and exhaust should give you the advertised gains, around 20 to 23hp total. those 3 things sound great, what are your final goals?

-gte

TimP said:

·
Registered
548 Posts
Yeah, I'd say the IS300 is pretty easy to mod, especially with all the bolt on mods. This is my first car, I've modded and with the list you have above you shouldn't have any problems.

·
Registered
12,157 Posts
it definitely won't equate to the bow tie or the audi, but those mods should should put you in the 6 second range. you really should be able to beat v6 mustangs and camaros stock. my IS is a manual, but i would estimate that it was 6.3 zero to sixty when it was stock, based on its 14.9 second quarter mile from when it was stock.

-gte

TimP said:
I just would like to have a nice high 6 0-60 car. something than can beat a v6 camaro or stang. I nice quick sports sedan. I have had a supercharged 1999 Z28, and a K04 equipped Audi S4. Both were totaled when I was hit by other cars. I have a 2002 Mercedes C230 Sports coupe now. But I need a sporty 4 door car again. I like the C32 but its too much.

IS300GTE said:

-gte

TimP said:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yes i have thought about doing FI on it. Not enough info for me to make a decision yet. I really wish they would make the rumored IS430, but they probably wont. Does anyone make a tip chip for the auto to make it shift faster?

·
Registered
12,157 Posts
agreed, or invest in some driving lessons at the least :)

LATERALUS said:
IS300GTE i think i would sell my car if i couldn't beat a V6 mustang, or at least go back to my 97 SHO...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
About this Discussion
13 Replies
7 Participants
LATERALUS
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing