Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't think my first post made it to this forum.

I picked up my new IS 300 today.I sell Fords for a living and we have nothing that holds candle to this car. My co-worker who has a 2002 IS 300 let me drive his car last week. That is all what I needed, and when my owner took away our demos, and offered us an allowance in lieu of a demo, is all what I needed for an excuse to get my IS.

I have a beautiful Onyx Black car with chrome wheels, and loaded with every conceivable option. This car is just so much fun to drive. I am 62 years old, but I still like to drive a performance road car. I am just tickled

·
Premium Member
6,292 Posts
Welcome aboard, enjoy surfing the site and congrats on you new toy. :)

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Congrats on your purchase.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you all for the Welcome. So far the only thing that I have found wrong is that the heated seat switch for the driver's seat does not light when the seat heater is on. I was reading another thread in this forum about installing a Delphi XM Satellite Radio modulator. It looks like I need to remove the ashtray, pull up the lip around the ashtry and the lower switch panel will come loose, and hopefully I can get at the switch.

Is the light bulb built into the switch ? Where I need to replace the whole switch, or is their a specific type (neon?) bulb that I need to get and install in the switch ?

Or finally shall I just wait until my first Certified pre-Owned Service at my dealer, and let him fix it?

I am usually pretty good with the electrics in a car. Is this one job that I should save for the dealer?

·
Registered
8,211 Posts
Dont know the answer since i dont have heated seat ( No need in Arizona) But i did wanna welcome you aboard, and if i were you id have the dealer do it if its under Waranty, why not you know? Enjoy the site and most of all, enjoy the IS.

·
Registered
3,595 Posts
To Carguy1 Congrats n doesn't matter how old u r just what u feel is how old u r. I am 27 still feeling like a kid at Toys R Us. I used sell Hondas for 2 yrs n got fed up with the business of whoring out cars prices because of the area I work in. I like to sell cars based on what I know n people will pay 4 my services don't u think. So I can make some money so mini deals. Once again n enjoy ur new car 4 many yrs 2 come.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Congrats on your purchase! ;) And yes, if you find anything like a burned out light and it's under warranty, the dealer will replace it for you (and give you a free car wash while you wait...I bet Ford doesn't do that :lol:

·
Registered
3,595 Posts
hidinginthelight said:
Congrats on your purchase! ;) And yes, if you find anything like a burned out light and it's under warranty, the dealer will replace it for you (and give you a free car wash while you wait...I bet Ford doesn't do that :lol:

Hey whats up n ur package is on its way should be there this wk or early next wk. C u at the meet next month and have a nice day.

·
Registered
451 Posts
fyeung04msm said:
Hey whats up n ur package is on its way should be there this wk or early next wk. C u at the meet next month and have a nice day.
Hey fyeung04msm! :) I'm checking my mailbox every day...I'm hoping it will be there when I get home tonight. ;)

·
Registered
3,595 Posts
Its wrapped in a yellow envenlope type with bubble wrap inside. 8 x 11.5 size also I want 2 c it in person once u install it

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
Welcome to the IS300 world. I would let the dealer fix the switch, as it is covered under warranty. And to do the FM mod is easy, just be careful taking out the radio, as the dash scratches REAL easy. Good luck!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts