Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I'm new here. I just purchased an IS300 over the weekend. ( Graphite Grey )Wish I found this site previous to purchasing the car so I would have been more informed.

I was actually in the market for a 3 series BMW or A4. The IS300 had the freshest look out of the three and that's why I bought this car. It has decent speed and really good looks. I'm not into pure luxury so the MB is out for me. The A4 is starting to look outdated. And the new 3 series costs more. I see the IS300 as a sofisticated import tunable car. I see a big chunk of people buying this car will be former import hot rod tuners looking to step up a little in the status quo of the car market, but still pay lineage to the import scene by staying away from the american and european cars.

Well anyway...I'm rambling...just wanted to say hi.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was only able to get $500 of off sticker (Illinois suburb dealer). I came to the dealership just wanting to test drive the car. They just so happened to have a Graphite Grey available. (I Love this color) so I bought it. They said the car was originaly ordered by someone, who canceled because the dealer could not get the car in fast enough for him because of some shipping delays. I think the dealer is just giving me some kind of sales BS, although I still don't understand his angle on this.

Anyways I've been visiting many BMW and Audi dealers. Then one day walked into a Lexus dealer and walked out with a car just like that! I came in thinking I had to order the car or something.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hey Bubba

I was wondering if you could tell what dealership gave you $500 off the sticker price. I live in Illinois too and every dealer I go to will not budge at all. I would like to get mine soon but I still have a little patience left, emphasis on little.

------------------

·
Registered
47 Posts
Hey, Bubba:

There have been some shipping delays, and folks putting down deposits and multiple delaers. The story you got sounds consistent with what's been reported here, so sounds like it's just your good luck!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
5 Participants
ISisBEST
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing