Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
like it says, i want something that bumps a little more, nothing crazy just some crisp clean bass???? help anyone ?? please.

·
\/ Awesome \/
11,398 Posts
like it says, i want something that bumps a little more, nothing crazy just some crisp clean bass???? help anyone ?? please.
Yes you can. You need a line out converter. You can buy one here for $12. Buy.com - Scosche Loc80 2-Channel Adjustable Lineout Converter - LOC80

Connect those wires to the speaker leads on the rear 6x9's in the rear deck. You will obviously need more wire for them to reach. Then, you plug your RCA's into the amp you are going to run a sub off.

·
Registered
2,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
so i would solder the loose ends into the rear 6x9s and connect that into an amp and sub???

·
\/ Awesome \/
11,398 Posts
so i would solder the loose ends into the rear 6x9s and connect that into an amp and sub???
Yes sir, you're right on the money. The speakers have a higher wattage signal that just needs to be converted into a low level input for the amp. That's what the LOC does. Then just wire your power and ground wires for the amp and hook up the sub and you are good to go.

·
Registered
9 Posts
That is one way of doing it but depending on your amp you don't actually need an loc. If your amp is set up for high inputs you can just run speaker wires from your 6x9's directly into your amp. If you haven't already bought your amp or speaker and you are really just looking for a little bit extra versus a ton of bass, check out the infiniti bass links.

·
Registered
2,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
kool thanks alot to all you guys......i really appreciate the help if anyone else has something to share put it up!!! appreciated

·
Registered
172 Posts
I did exactly as stated above. I tapped the rear lines and have a LOC in it running to an amp. It took around 3 hours because I was cleaning out the car as I was doing it. Good time to clean since I took out the molding on one side of the car, along with the rear seats, to run my power and remote wires. I have my remote setup with a switch near my driver seat since I like being able to run with/without my sub on.

-Will

·
Registered
241 Posts
My box is setup just like the ItalynStylion states! It bumps as well...have fun with the install...and happy thumpin'...

·
Registered
44 Posts
Just one quick thing to add, make sure your car doesnt have a factory amp, if it does, make sure you put the LOc (line out convertor) on the output side of the factory amp.

·
\/ Awesome \/
11,398 Posts
Just one quick thing to add, make sure your car doesnt have a factory amp, if it does, make sure you put the LOc (line out convertor) on the output side of the factory amp.
Uhhhh, bud....all IS300's have a factory amp. You should know that being an installer. And it should be obvious to tap for a signal after the amp since the speakers are in the trunk area already.

·
Registered
44 Posts
A young installer, Im still learning and always will be.

·
Registered
2,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
again thanks for the help, i never really did sound before so im learning everyday on this forum about sound and everything else. thanks again to everyone.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts