Lexus IS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i heard that you cant put a performance chip on any lexus or toyota because the engine computer cant be cracked is this true? or not true? if it isnt any suggestions on chips? i just bought a 2004 is300 trying to get into all this stuff

thanks

·
Registered
5,691 Posts
lol. Just came out the honda game right?? There are no "performance" chips for this car. Search in those sticky threads at the top of the page. Now delete your post quickly.

·
Registered
543 Posts
You could however get a my.is sticker and put it on the car and that will improve horsepower by at least 75hp. Of course that is if you put it on the rear windows for less wind resistance. If you put it on the front windshield I heard gains can range from 55-60hp only. Ok, sorry for being a prick, but please use the search functionality going forward.

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
i heard that you cant put a performance chip on any lexus or toyota because the engine computer cant be cracked is this true? or not true? if it isnt any suggestions on chips? i just bought a 2004 is300 trying to get into all this stuff

thanks
no performance chip on a Lexus!! there are other ways to tap into the computer to get gains like a piggyback. you might look into an safc2 if you're interested in this type of a mod. aside from that you're looking at headers, exhaust, intake, cams, cam gear. these are all naturally aspirated mods. after that you're looking at boosting the car. there are some good stickies at the top of the "Go Fast" section and as you read through more of the threads on here you'll start to get a clearer picture.

some of the better initial mods in my opinion are suspension. get the car looking and handling good is a great way to start.

oh and don't mind the guys giving you a hard time, it makes them feel better about themselves. good luck dude.

·
Registered
5,442 Posts
Respect brother. ^

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
no performance chip on a Lexus!! there are other ways to tap into the computer to get gains like a piggyback. you might look into an safc2 if you're interested in this type of a mod. aside from that you're looking at headers, exhaust, intake, cams, cam gear. these are all naturally aspirated mods. after that you're looking at boosting the car. there are some good stickies at the top of the "Go Fast" section and as you read through more of the threads on here you'll start to get a clearer picture.

some of the better initial mods in my opinion are suspension. get the car looking and handling good is a great way to start.

oh and don't mind the guys giving you a hard time, it makes them feel better about themselves. good luck dude.
+rep for being a nice guy

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
Respect brother. ^
word

+rep for being a nice guy
thanks for repping me for "not being a dick" LOL.

Bottom line is we were all noobs at one point. when a guy comes right out and says, "hey i have no idea what i'm talking about can you please help me???" we should chip in and help the dude. PERIOD. i'm all for a good flame here and there but i prefer being helpful. oh and telling someone to search is NOT helpful. tell them where to search or give em a link or two. just my take for the day.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
word

Bottom line is we were all noobs at one point. when a guy comes right out and says, "hey i have no idea what i'm talking about can you please help me???" we should chip in and help the dude. PERIOD. i'm all for a good flame here and there but i prefer being helpful. oh and telling someone to search is NOT helpful. tell them where to search or give em a link or two. just my take for the day.

Amen..

+rep

·
Registered
1,098 Posts

thanks

I installed an SRT Intake W/ECU. This was a major improvement from stock, both in power and sound. A brand new set up can get expensive, but you can find a good used one off a member on here. There's a link below and a picture of my setup check it out.

Swift Racing Technologies - High Flow Intake System with Race ECU

·
Registered
5 Posts
I completely agree...

word

Good looking out! I agree with you 150%. Although there are a lot of people who really DON'T bother to search before posting a thread, I just don't get the people who flame them. Maybe they have nothing better to do. You see it all the time on here (the worst is YouTube). 99.9% of the comments are not even that funny, and they certainly do not help us or him/her.

Frankly I also think it wastes other people's time. Had this guy posted his question and no one made any smart a$$ remarks...a lot less people would waste their time reading the post seeing as how it's less favorable to click on threads that have "1 Reply" as opposed to "14 Replies" to find that 12 of the 14 posts are just people flaming a noob for asking some question.

If you don't want to take the time to post a link or something helpful....then just move on!! Even worse...don't be the jerk who just compliments the first guy who burns the one who posted the thread, or the 50 jerks after that who do the same thing!! Didn't any of your mothers' ever tell you "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all"?

Anyways, that's my piece for today.

-Sincerely yours, the guy who has been flamed a few times.

:flamethro :burningup

·
Registered
5 Posts
Quite possibly....

I think you get flamed often because you do stuff like bumping a 3 year old thread.
Ahhh you must be the forum police. I apologize.
Maybe i bump 3 year old threads because I'm a new member and I have to post a bunch of stuff so I can get my account fully activated. I'm new so I didn't know there was a statute of limitations on threads.

I'm very sorry if you are going to lose sleep tonight because I bumped an old thread.
I didn't know there were so many rules in this forum. I honestly thought it was for posting our comments.

By the way, thank you for supporting my argument....

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.