Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what is the different between spring and shock?
and after 1 inch drop,will the ride not comfortable as before,Thank you

·
Registered
6,239 Posts
forgot to answer your other question...if all you want is a 1" drop, you don't need to buy new shocks unless you really want to, all you need is springs. Eibach, L-Sportline drop you about 1" I believe. The ride won't be the same as stock, but it won't be that much stiffer either. It's hard to tell you how it'll feel, you just have to experience it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Jeffrey,is your car one inch drop?and looks good to me.if i just want to drop one inch,should i just use hotchkis or Eibach spring?TRD or hotchkis sway?Thank you for your replay

·
Registered
6,239 Posts
van_cow said:
Jeffrey,is your car one inch drop?and looks good to me.if i just want to drop one inch,should i just use hotchkis or Eibach spring?TRD or hotchkis sway?Thank you for your replay
my car in those pix are stock...I'm dropped on H&R's right now and it's closer to 2".

If you want 1" drop, go with Hotchkis instead of eibounce, and get the Hotchkis Sways while you're at it through the .net store..good deal. $499 for both I think.

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
hotchkis has started to enter the import market with awesome gobs of knowledge from domestic cars....

eibach is close to OEM.....meaning close to stock

i would get eibach springs personally....but read some of the reviews on the hotchkis springs

if you drop your car 1'', you will eventually need shocks...not now, maybe 1-2 years down the line...you could go with another set of stock shocks...or non-adjustable aftermarket shocks

aftermarket shocks are usually stiffer....then stock

stocks go for 80-100 from dealer ( a peice)
you can get tokico HP blue shocks (4 for 250)

tokico is the manufacturer of the stock shocks also

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
if i installed the Hotchkis Sways and spring,i need the shock after 1-2 years. what shock would you recommand if i install Hotchkis Sways and spring? one more question,should i do an alignment right after the i installed?Thank you

·
Registered
444 Posts
the eibach/bilstein combo is good for about a 1.25" drop all the way around. the ride is a little smoother than just eibachs and stock shocks.

i'd switch them both out at the same time if i were you. then you don't have to worry about replacing your shocks later.

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
you could replace them at once and save on the time....or labor if you pay someone (about 150dollars).....but you could wait to let the stock ones wear out...because the aftermarket ones do feel different

after installation...give it a few days to let the entire car settle...drive it some before you get it alligned...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts