Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
like the title says, i am a newbie here and lookin for some good advice from the community. i finally payed off my 03 IS from my parents and are looking into what's my best bet to add a drop that's about 1"-1.5" while still trying to keep the most comfortable ride. i will be running most likely 18"x8.5"fronts and 18"x9.5"rears.. 245?? but not sure yet on the 245. what do you think? also, i'm looking into a srt intake and hks carbon/ti exhaust. if you have any advice for me please provide. thanks in advance.
**i'm not looking into coilover due to my budget, just springs for now.

****also, one more question. based on your reviews, which spring set is more comfortable, the tanabe gf210s or the eibach pro-lines?****

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Eibach pro kit is very nice, it gives about a 1" drop and still a good ride with better handling. I have 18's as well and an L-Tuned exhaust.

·
13,727 Posts
I have on order my eibach prokits and kyb gr2 struts. I wanted the same thing, lowered ride height, decent to oem ride. With the eibach kit, you don't need to add any caster/camber kits either. I spent ALOT of time researching this. If you want a lower ride height, the Tein S techs and Eibach sportlines are highly reviewed. You can some Koni shocks that have different perches that allow you to drop another .5" too.

However, the prokits are expensive. Around 250 for a set, where the teins run around like 160. I got oem replacement (KYB) shocks to help preserve my ride for around 250 shipped. Check out ebay for good shock deals.

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks so much, i'll probably go with the eibachs and try and get some new stock shocks since the springs are progressive. thanks again and i'll definetly check up ebay on those shocks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts