Lexus IS Forum banner

Newb Here

851 views 11 replies 11 participants last post by  IS3_FTW 
#1 ·
New to the forums...Im debating on which car I want to get...its between a E36 M3 or a IS300, so i am trying to get as much info on the two so i can decide...I am currently trying to sell my 350z, so if anyone might be interested in trading, pm me

#2 ·
Welcome to the site. You came to the right place for info. Use the search function and you will have a ton of info for research.

#3 ·
Do you want 2 loans or just 1? If you buy a BMW. You will have to get a 2nd loan, to pay off the mechanic. BMW stands for Bring My Wallet to your mechanic.
No one will work on BMW's or even Mercedes. You will have to go to a certified mechanic.
For lexus...all you will need is a car loan. ;)

Welcome and good luck with what you are wanting to get. Dont get me wrong. BMW's and Mercedes are good cars. Just priced too high for my poor @$$:)

#8 ·
If you want a fast car get the M3. If you want a reliable car that you can make fast get an IS300. :)

Welcome to the forums.

P.S. How the hell is your rep so high if you've only been on for a few days?

#12 ·
#10 ·
Welcome to the site.

If your priorities are performance, performance and more performance... I'd get the M3... otherwise if you are looking for a fun daily driver... get the IS300.

But people here have made a point... BMW's can be very pricey to maintain out of warranty. There have been people who bought older ones because of their "attainable" prices only to sell them later because the repair bills are so high. Then again... there are some peopel who have good luck with BMW's.

But something else to consider is that the E36 is OLD now. That car is already two generations old! (E46, E92) Do you really want a car that age? Can you afford an earlier E46?

#11 ·
welcome!!
M3's i agree are nice but there's something about the IS that just draws people attention and like people here said before if you're looking for dependablity Toyota/Lexus is the way to go, not to mention hella fun to modify (with reasonably affordable and easy to find parts)

modifying the M3 could be fun too don't get me wrong but the prices on parts are just crazy

so with that said; you got a hard choice ahead of you..

but..IS's ROCK!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.