Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it true that if you lease a vehicle in New York State you can no longer transfer the lease to a buyer or a third party? You must first buy out the lease then sell it privately?

Chase Auto Finance is telling me that thats the law now.. I wann know if i have to investigate further and/or call Bull'sh'it on em.

Any advise would be appreicates from the leasers.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
i heard that they were working on that last year when we got our is3, but they werent supposed to pass the law till 2005, and there would still be a loophole, that if it has a NY bill of sale then u could still transfer everything

-eddie

·
Registered
7,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
IS300GTR said:
i heard that they were working on that last year when we got our is3, but they werent supposed to pass the law till 2005, and there would still be a loophole, that if it has a NY bill of sale then u could still transfer everything

-eddie
Eddie... I just called swaplease.com and they confirmed this NO-LEASE option in NYS is true.

due to insurance.. no more leases in NYS. you will have the option to "buy" the car for 36,48 ewtc months. but if you wanna get otu of it.. you have to buy out completely and sell privately.

Shit sux

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
BigDaddyRich said:
Eddie... I just called swaplease.com and they confirmed this NO-LEASE option in NYS is true.

due to insurance.. no more leases in NYS. you will have the option to "buy" the car for 36,48 ewtc months. but if you wanna get otu of it.. you have to buy out completely and sell privately.

sh*t sux
Rich u just killed my day :pissed: :pissed: :pissed:
this blows

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.