Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Wheels: 18x8.5 +51 with a 5mm spacer in the fronts
Tires: 225/40/18 Federal 595 all around

These are OEM 2008 Mustang GT wheels that my friend gave me, so I decided to finally put them on with decent tires and lower the car. For those wondering about the color/texture on the wheels and why it looks kinda funky, the paint I used is Krylon's Hammer Finish in black.

The fronts didn't fit with the +51 offset (obviously), so I put a 5mm spacer on there and called it a day. The rears would look better with spacers, but I need to put on the extended studs first. At this ride height with rolled fenders front and rear, I haven't had much rubbing, mainly on bumps mid-corner, but other than that, regular bumps, dips, and turns don't rub =)

I need to wash the car first and I'll get full-car shots tomorrow =)

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Grad school is already paid for =) Besides, here in NM, people are super cheap and I would have gotten about $100-200 for them with tires, so it's not worth it to sell. Besides, the only other wheels/tires I have are 16's, which a lot of people don't like either =P

·
Registered
4,378 Posts
Oem 5 spoke look way better. i don't know why some people think "free" is always good. Also who pays $5k for a set of wheels??

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
Sorry I also really don't like them, if you paint them silver and get them center caps they might look a little better, but unless you need the wider tires for some reason I'd put the stock wheels back on.

You don't have to spend 5k to get good looking wheels, I get complements on my cheap ass ICW's all the time, I wouldn't have bought them, they came with the car when I bought it used, but since they're there and look good getting new rims hasn't been a priority.

Anyway save up 1k-1.5k and you can get some nice used wheels, or some new 5zigens.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I had the OEM sport design wheels for a while, but I bent them when I went offroading at the track (if you question how I drive, don't. I have more time on track than 99% of the people on this site). That's why I stick to cheap OEM wheels that I can find (s14, 300zx, mustang). Nobody wants them and they're always straight, whereas to find IS300 wheels is hard as hell and I'd need to sell a kidney to get them.

Anyways, in the last year, I've bent 3 sets of wheels. One from going off track and two from hitting potholes and other construction hazards that litter the city. In the life of the car, I've had almost 10 sets of wheels since the Sport Design wheels. At less than $200/set for every set of wheels I've bought with tires, I've spent about as much as somebody who has gotten one set of Volks, but as frequently as wheels get damaged around here, Volks, Works, and other "nice" wheels just aren't cost effective.

·
Registered
5,182 Posts
Looks like the wheels are made out of plastic! Maybe they will look better with pics of the whole car......

How about I sell you my stock sportx wheels? =)

·
Registered
242 Posts
dude u should have jus got the oems painted
i love the stock wheels they were built nice
but damn u have
FAILED

·
Premium Member
27,022 Posts
I'll reserve judgment until you post pics of the entire car...

·
Registered
679 Posts
I also agree those wheels look like ass too but hey its your car...You do whatever you gotta do...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.