Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 367 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,978 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a new Modified Mag (April 2007) and I noticed that vortechsuperchargers.com just introduced a supercharger kit for the IS300. It's supposed to make 305hp and 272tq at the flywheel. Everything is bolt on and it uses the plug 'n play uni-chip engine management. A satin or polished finish is available with a 3 year warranty on the supercharger unit. There is not price listed on the kit and I also didn't see it on their site. Just wanted to let you guys know. Could be a cheaper alternative to people who only want 300hp. Hopefully this isn't a repost.

·
Registered
5,155 Posts
Very neat!

Hopefully this doesn't turn into another SC vs Turbo thread, please don't do it!

Hmm tempting if the price will be right to give a little extra power over stock in reliable form. Looking forward to hearing more about this in the future.

+rep

·
Premium Member
4,978 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I hope it doesn't turn into a turbo vs sc thread. I already have a turbo kit, I just thought this was cool.

·
Registered
77 Posts
right on ive gotta go get the mag and check it out. i would be satisfied with 300hp at the fly and maybe a little more with a 3in exaust ect.

·
Registered
6,782 Posts
I'm surprised they don't just use their FMU and call it a day, maybe in combo with that boost timing retard dodad they have.

·
Banned
851 Posts
haha the car that the the supercharger was designed off of is located pretty close to me!!! haha gotta wait til snow melts to see it...

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
Very neat!

Hopefully this doesn't turn into another SC vs Turbo thread, please don't do it!

Hmm tempting if the price will be right to give a little extra power over stock in reliable form. Looking forward to hearing more about this in the future.

+rep
This is the continuation of ignorance that pervades this forum. Please explain to me what makes this so reliable. Also, what makes it more reliable than a turbo? Please, tell me.

·
Premium Member
4,978 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I think he just means the 300hp to the flywheel will save the transmission and internals some hassle. Obviously with tuning being the main concern but assuming that the tune is great, it should be reliable. But we really can't compare it to a turbo setup. It all depends on power, setup, TUNE, etc etc.

Also don't forget extra costs for this kit. Possibly VB Upgrade, Trans Cooler, Wideband, etc.

·
Registered
20,661 Posts
i'm sure they copied PLP's design and marketed it for themselves....

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
We'll have to wait and see what it looks like to see if they copied anything. As far as i'm concerned they designed the kit on a local's car. Like twidge posted, i myself haven't seen the car myself so i can't really comment on anything. Maybe the owner will pop up and make a post?

·
Registered
5,155 Posts
Or how about answering the question and adding something to the forum.

Thanks.

How about you read what I said huh? I said I don't want to start a SC/Turbo war, so don't try to start one. Not interested.

All I said is, it would be nice to have a little extra power over stock in a reliable package and I'm looking forward for more info about this product.

Now go drink some kool aid and don't try to act like some smart ass.

·
Registered
127 Posts
seems like he mentioned that he hopes the supercharger is reliable. he never mentioned that this supercharger was better and more reliable than a turbo. it is everyones own right to think what they want. there is enough information out on the web to prove that either one can be as reliable as the other. some people just need to stop waiting for this type of threads to appear so they can bash on them. keep the forum full of useful information and not all this useless crap.

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
Sorry for the misread. I thought you were saying that a SC was more reliable. I understand you didn't want to turn it into a SC v. Turbo thread, but historically, from what I've read, many SC kits had more reliability problems.

Forgive me for the attitude, it was unnecessary--bad day.

·
Registered
2,753 Posts
I am interested in hearing about this new development, especially since the previous PLP vortech kit was the higher boost kit as opposed to the plp Powerdyne kit. Keep us updated.

1 - 20 of 367 Posts