Lexus IS Forum banner

41 - 60 of 532 Posts

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Gave up on polishing the TB & IM lol... just takin too long, imma do it in the winter. The car was just sitting in the garage covered for like two weeks dying to be driven.. i couldn't take it!!
ha ha, ya I did the same... worked on it for like 2 days and then said the hell with this lol

·
Registered
169 Posts
i donk if u guys remember but a year in a half ago my check and trac light went off so one of my buddys that works at lexus took a look at it about a week ago told me what was wrong and now its fixed!

Such a relief, can pass emissions, no freakin blinking light blinding me, and vvti actally kicks in... happies guy around (4 now)
what was wrong with it?

·
Registered
37 Posts
i donk if u guys remember but a year in a half ago my check and trac light went off so one of my buddys that works at lexus took a look at it about a week ago told me what was wrong and now its fixed!

Such a relief, can pass emissions, no freakin blinking light blinding me, and vvti actally kicks in... happies guy around (4 now)
Oh man this is what just happened to me today. I even took it to Autozone to run a free diagnostic and it came up with about 12 codes. So later I cleaned my MAF sensor and got a new air filter for the stock box. My check and trac light are out now, hopefully that was all that was wrong.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Oh man this is what just happened to me today. I even took it to Autozone to run a free diagnostic and it came up with about 12 codes. So later I cleaned my MAF sensor and got a new air filter for the stock box. My check and trac light are out now, hopefully that was all that was wrong.

They should of told you at the Zone what codes they were. If you cleared the codes it probably turn back on but if it doesnt that would be badass.

Well its confirm I do have an L-Tuned exhaust... Thats fucking awesome

·
Registered
4 Posts
Repost for the Utah Thread!

TO: The local SLC car enthusiast and anyone else from the surrounding areas who want to join.

A bunch of us car enthusiasts around the SLC valley are trying to grow a meet and greet...kind of like the one they have down in SoCal.

Cars and Coffee in Salt Lake City!

When: Saturday August 15, 2009 (AND EVERY SATURDAY AFTER)
Time: 8:30 am
Invited: The PURE CAR ENTHUSIAST (regardless of your make or mods.)!!! We're excited to see anyone who loves to chat about cars and sip some early morning coffee...or what ever else you prefer.

Espress Yourself Coffee
675 W 10600 S
South Jordan, UT 84095-8524

Please join us! Support the cause! Support our local coffee shop and owner who is also a car enthusiast and is kind enough to let us use his parking lot for CARS AND COFFEE!

All that is asked it that we're respectful to the facility, parking lot, vehicles and each other.

Cheers and hope to see you guys out this Saturday!

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
...too bad my motor is on the engine stand in my garage or otherwise I would be there too :(

·
Registered
1 Posts
Whats up everyone, I am Keaton the youngest of the Bybee brothers... thought I would finally make an account.

·
Registered
609 Posts
yeah , this thread is kinda slow...

Does anyone know if Salt Lake County uses sniffers or ODBIIfor emissions or both? My B2 cat is bad...:pissed:

Dave

·
Registered
181 Posts

This meet is going to be a good one, not only Honda's but Subaru's, Evo's, and other clubs... I'm going to be there, you guys should try to come too and rep for Lexus, if you do let me know so we can roll together.

41 - 60 of 532 Posts