Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
533 Posts
HEY TURBOis300. Your from cerritos too? Do you go to CHS? I am probably thinking your much older. Anyways, can you tell me where you get the HUD display and how much it costs? I saw that one of them displayed the rpm. Whats the other on for. Is the turbo for your car also safe for the is300? I am thinking about adding turbo to mine too but I have no idea where to start, or how much it costs. Sorry for all the questions. Thanks a lot.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Also curious about those HUD units. Is that a cheap version of what the new Corvettes have? I test drove one this weekend, and that was one of the nicest features I've seen.

·
Registered
30,635 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Originally posted by tenchi300:
HEY TURBOis300. Your from cerritos too? Do you go to CHS? I am probably thinking your much older. Anyways, can you tell me where you get the HUD display and how much it costs? I saw that one of them displayed the rpm. Whats the other on for. Is the turbo for your car also safe for the is300? I am thinking about adding turbo to mine too but I have no idea where to start, or how much it costs. Sorry for all the questions. Thanks a lot.
Yes I live in Cerritos and Yes I went to CHS class of 96. You can get the HUD Display at XS Engineering It's like 150 bucks give or take 50 dollars. The HUD on the right does RPM or MPH and KPH. The one HUD on the left is a Turbo Timer/Boost Gauge. Call XS at 714-992-4133.. Tell them you saw it on my car.
Turbo is safe all you need is the right tunning and don't overboost. As for cost it's going to run you about 7500 at XS Engineering. Call XS for more Info about the Turbo Kit. XS Installed my kit for me..

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Originally posted by mccarlin:
TurboIS:

please explain to us the HUD units.....
where did you get them and what brand?
How was the install.

thanks
OK the HUD units are from DEFI. I got them at XS Engineering. XS also did the Install for them...

·
2,909 Posts
Pretty cool I'm sure it's a blast to drive. Watch out 4 the cops!!!

·
Registered
38,938 Posts
Dope.

Im around Cerritos, maybe Ill see ya around Turbo.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey TurboIS, i drive through Cerritos everyday & its amazing that ive never seen your car. When your chasing the stock Civic, are you comming from the intersection of Marquardt & South/Orangethorpe (by the mobil gas station thats always packed)

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Originally posted by Russell:
TurboIS,
What kind of track times have you run? trying to decide if the turbo kit is worth it.
Well I ran the car before I got my tranny fixed. So my best time is a 13.8 at 6 pounds of boost. Also if you pick up this months Turbo Magazine there is a picture of my car going down the track...

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Originally posted by VvtiS300:
Hey TurboIS, i drive through Cerritos everyday & its amazing that ive never seen your car. When your chasing the stock Civic, are you comming from the intersection of Marquardt & South/Orangethorpe (by the mobil gas station thats always packed)
I was coming form 7/11 going to my house..

1 - 20 of 20 Posts