Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I ordered a few and they finally came in. Toyota has 4 new filters from TRD for $12.75
There is a small one for all the Toyota 4 Cyl models (F1, F2 filters) and the one for the V6's (for IS300 etc, G1, D1, D3, B9...) And also 2 of the newer 'cartridge' style for the IS350, Camry 3.5 and the larger 5.7 Tundra, Seq, Landcruiser.
Part number for the IS300 is PTR43-00080
Dealer cost is somewhere around $7.75 so there's not much discount to hope for. Here's what is says on the box:

1. 100% Synthetic glass/polyester blend filtration media that's 98% effecient at 20 microns - thats smaller than pollen.
2. Heavy duty pressure relief valve allows oil flow during cold start up.
3. High temperature silicone anti-drainback valve retains oil in the filter to prevent dry starts.

I used to have to buy the Mobil 1 filters for the synthetic media in it for extended oil changes. Now I can use this one.
But obviously, like all TRD products, TRD doesn't "make" it... does anyone have an idea on who makes this for them?
Enjoy!

-nautox

·
Registered
4,050 Posts
looks like K&N made these oil filters
I agree, becuse of the nut on the top of the filter but what do I know. I know Mobil 1 EP filters are made by Champion Labs. I think a top notch filter for fraction of the cost that utilizes synthetic fibers/media would be a Purolator PureONE it only runs $6. I've used them before on the IS300 and they work great (well hard to tell how a filter work, lol).

I say I wouldn't spend $12 on an oil fitler, I think it's a waste of money. I would spend that money getting a better oil.

·
Dr. JDM
9,332 Posts
get some real TRD made ones from Japan. not these relabeled ones (don't remember who makes these)

·
Registered
4,895 Posts
I agree, becuse of the nut on the top of the filter but what do I know. I know Mobil 1 EP filters are made by Champion Labs. I think a top notch filter for fraction of the cost that utilizes synthetic fibers/media would be a Purolator PureONE it only runs $6. I've used them before on the IS300 and they work great (well hard to tell how a filter work, lol).

I say I wouldn't spend $12 on an oil fitler, I think it's a waste of money. I would spend that money getting a better oil.
I use PureONE filters as well with *Borat* GREAT SUCCESS */Borat* but I'm with Pawel... I'd spend the extra money on the good oil. If you're running a really high horsepower application though it couldn't hurt to try this one :)

·
Registered
39 Posts
I don't think it's worth it @ over 3x the cost of the OEM one :suspiciou

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I don't think it's worth it @ over 3x the cost of the OEM one :suspiciou
Dude. Where are you getting Factory Filters for $4 ? We sell them for $7.57 each.
By paying only 50% more you get better filtering, and you can leave them in longer than the paper ones (if your doing extended mileage oil changes.)
I guess I just don't understand people paying $50 for Synthetic oil and then sticking the ghetto factory 'made in thailand' YZZ paper filter on the car.
I'm going to try it for my next oil change. But then again, working for the dealer, my cost on it is only $9.30 :)

·
Registered
4,050 Posts
Dude. Where are you getting Factory Filters for $4 ? We sell them for $7.57 each.
By paying only 50% more you get better filtering, and you can leave them in longer than the paper ones (if your doing extended mileage oil changes.)
I guess I just don't understand people paying $50 for Synthetic oil and then sticking the ghetto factory 'made in thailand' YZZ paper filter on the car.
I'm going to try it for my next oil change. But then again, working for the dealer, my cost on it is only $9.30 :)
Get PureONE, it's cheap and it works. But lately I've been using Mobil 1 EP filters.

·
Virgin Magnet
8,768 Posts
i use toyota filters, they work great at a reasonable price.

the gs400 (maybe the 430) filter is a foam medium instead of a paper which is nice

·
Registered
911 Posts
i use toyota filters, they work great at a reasonable price.

the gs400 (maybe the 430) filter is a foam medium instead of a paper which is nice
You mean a synthetic media?

Including the Made In Taiwan yzz-d3?

Can we get some verification on this?

·
Virgin Magnet
8,768 Posts

·
Registered
911 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
My parts guy charges me $4.09 out the door for them.

It's the same price for the filter on my Lotus Elise and for the 07 Tacoma ($4.09 OTD).

I have a good relationship with my Toyota parts guy and have a business account setup there. That's what they charge all local businesses for oil filters I guess.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts