Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey just wanted to see if i got the new record at 3k miles. My reverse while in gear makes a grinding noise so Lexus i putting a new one in. I heard about 3rd gear goig but reverse? :crazy:

·
8,880 Posts
I think we have a winner! :lol:

Did you do anything special to have that kind of achievement? :-?

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
vlad_a said:
I think we have a winner! :lol:

Did you do anything special to have that kind of achievement? :-?
I did dyno the car on saturday but i really dont drive the car backwards much. :lol:

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Guess what i finally got my new tranny BUT while test driving my car
Lexus of kendall crashed my car into a wall!!!!!!!!!!!!
I was just having one of those days yesterday. :bitching: :pissed: :whine:

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
CZAR said:
damn thats fugged up bro sorry to hear.

-ringo

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
damn and i thought they might have had a fix on the 2003's. so if we get the tranny replaced do they just put another crappy factory tranny back in. we would just be doing that untill our warranty was up, then were stuck like chuck...

·
Registered
20 Posts
CZAR said:
Damn.....that's really messed up. Sorry to hear.

Just out of curiosity, because I bought my car there as well, what are they going to do about it?

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well the service advisor is Herby he is pretty cool so I did not blow off on him. I work at a dealer so i cant be that pissed cause shit happens. It was a porter that could not drive stick and jumped the clutch and ran it into the service drive wall. They are going to fix everything but it has to come out perfect. :roll:

·
Registered
191 Posts
If it's only the front bumper cover it will be as new again after they replace the whole bumper and repainted, but if it's more than that, I would ask them to take back my car and get a new one (pay the miles). Or you should ask for free 15k or 30k service free if they don't take your car back. How come the guy drives U'r car and he cannot drive stick??? That's just WRONG.

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
so if we get the tranny replaced do they just put another crappy factory tranny back in. we would just be doing that untill our warranty was up, then were stuck like chuck...
anyone????

·
Registered
5,941 Posts
fuct said:
so if we get the tranny replaced do they just put another crappy factory tranny back in. we would just be doing that untill our warranty was up, then were stuck like chuck...
anyone????
Most likely. The other alternatives are the W58 or R154 but the dealership won't install it for you.

·
Registered
511 Posts
fuct said:
anyone????
Yup. That's exactly it. It's probably cheaper that way to them than redesigning our tranny. Funny how Lexus (Toyota) seems to be going down the road of the domestics and not realizing how much damage a vocal few can do to their reputation.

Here's an example:
forbes.com

It will start showing up in more places. The thing is as the domestics (and Audi) learned once your reputation is tarnished it's VERY hard to get it back. They should at least extend our warranty's to 100k miles like BMW did with the M3 to show faith in their products.

·
Registered
6,365 Posts
CZAR said:
:lol: :lol: :lol: im sorry,it was just funny that they just fixed it and they crashed the same day

1 - 16 of 16 Posts