Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I am new here, be nice to me ;)

I am considering a brand new IS 250 with no option (no roof, no leather/heated seats, no HID, sorry, i can't afford any option :(

or a Lexus CPO 2006 IS350 with 19k on it, the colour is the Glacier Frost, and its equipped with Sport package. & a factory trunk spoiler.

Now, i got a few questions:
1. for about the same price, which one would you get?
2. Does the 350 use a lot more gas than the 250? i thought the 350 is equipped with direct injection?
3. Can i fit 16" snow tire on a IS350?
4. Can i remove the factory trunk spoiler without leaving holes in the trunk? are they 3m tape only?
5. How good is Lexus CPO anyways?
6. Anybody has problem with the Glacier Frost colour? would it start fading after a couple years later? hard to paint for body parts?
7. Anybody has pictures of 250 cloth seats? the ISx50 from the dealer is all leather :rolleyes:

Hope i am not asking too much questions, thank you all !

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
I will give you:cool: a few answers only

1 350 if its same price way faster
2 250 only direct injection,350 dual port and direct
3 factory spoiler is screwed will need to fill and paint

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
don't get cloth.c'mon its a lexus :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
3,428 Posts
1. 350 all the way. If you're looking at fnkshn's 350. It's a good deal. get it.
2. 350 does have direct injection. it's fuel consumption is about 20% more. Or 1-1.5L/100km more then the 250.
3. yes you can.
4. depends on the spoiler. there are no factory ones. so if its dealer accesssory, and lip-type....it'll be 3M tape. I wouldn't remove it though as it's very minor
5. wats CPO?
6. why would it start fading in a couple of years? it's Lexus paint man!!!
7. searchhhh

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
1. for about the same price, which one would you get?
IS350Think of the POWER!
2. Does the 350 use a lot more gas than the 250? i thought the 350 is equipped with direct injection?
Both engines utilizes direct injection, mileage is OKAY with 350, but depends on how heavy your right foot is
3. Can i fit 16" snow tire on a IS350?
No, IS350 has bigger calipers, 16"s will not fit
4. Can i remove the factory trunk spoiler without leaving holes in the trunk? are they 3m tape only?
I believe its double sided tape only for factory spoilers - seems like others are saying it requires screws... don't quote me on this one...
5. How good is Lexus CPO anyways?
Lexus reliability isn't as good as it used to be, but still not bad... then again you're buying a first year 2006 model which may have some more problems than any later production model
6. Anybody has problem with the Glacier Frost colour? would it start fading after a couple years later? hard to paint for body parts?
no comment, don't know what its like to live with GFM
7. Anybody has pictures of 250 cloth seats? the ISx50 from the dealer is all leather.
I don't have a picture of the cloth seats, but I've seen them, they're some odd patterned cloth... I do not recommend you go for this option, it looks horrible and dated...

·
Premium Member
27,116 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Don't worry about being treated rough... it's a pretty friendly place in the Canadian Forum. There are other parts of my.IS for "fighting".

If you aren't interested in the extra power/performance of the IS350... and just want a nice looking compact sporty sedan... then go for the IS250. No point in paying for the bigger engine, brakes, etc. if your driving habits wont' make use of them. However... if you want to burn rubber with the BMW 3's, G35's, etc. out there... then you need the IS350.

I'm not sure if I'd get an IS250 in base base trim tho. You might as well atleast get leather... as others have said... this is a Lexus after all.

The IS350 obviously doesn't get as good of gas mileage as the IS250... but to keep things in perspective... the IS350 with 100 more hp than the IS300 gets better mileage than the IS300! The new V6's from Toyota use BOT direct injection and port injection. The computer blends the two systems based on what is best for the engine at that point in time.

16" wheels will not fit on the IS350... only the IS250. The IS350 needs atleast 17" rims to clear the larger calipers.

The factory spoiler is supposed to be drilled into the trunk. But some people are using just 3m double sided tape.

I doubt you'll have problems with the paint on the car fading. The problems people usually have is with the paint chipping on the front of the car due to debris on the road. But... all cars these days are like that. Putting on a clear bra will do wonders for the front end of your car.

·
Registered
14,829 Posts
IS350 all the way! POWER!

Also, it makes more sense to buy used. Think of the converse. If you buy a new one, you'll take a pretty big hit interms of depreciation, paying 2 tax, AND paying PDI and other extra charges/taxes. Why not let someone else take that hit for you and buy a 2nd hand car? To me personally, I can't justify buying a new car unless I cannot find the equvalent in 2nd hand, and I cannot wait for a 2nd hand.

Reactions: jahnIS300

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
16" winters no way,calipers on 350 way too big,17's will work I believe

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thank you everyone for the reply, they just sold the 350 to someone else, so i am getting a new 250, oh well, still good for me.
I got it becoz of the "December to remember" deal, got $5500 rebate from Lexus Canada.

making the car costing not much more than a Camry ;)

How many 2IS forum user in this Canadian forum anyways?

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Expect to average 11L/100Km in normal mixed driving, and 8L/100Km on the high @ 120Km/h cruise. If the spoiler was dealer installed it is bolted and taped. If the car has been Lexus certified it should have two years bumper to bumper coverage and is an excellent value at $19K. Make sure it has the seat belt, fuel line and dust free brake pad TSIBs done before purchase. And if you can squeeze it in the latest DVD NAV disc that fixes the airconditioning button memory loss.
It's a keeper :)

Oh, and if you want to save a tonne of money on service take to Bullock City instead of the dealer.

·
Premium Member
27,116 Posts
Thank you everyone for the reply, they just sold the 350 to someone else, so i am getting a new 250, oh well, still good for me.
I got it becoz of the "December to remember" deal, got $5500 rebate from Lexus Canada.

making the car costing not much more than a Camry ;)

How many 2IS forum user in this Canadian forum anyways?
I'm sure you'll love the IS250! Lexus has some huge rebates. I was checking on an IS350 recently and the guy said they were offering $10,000 incentives plus some insane low lease rate if you put down atleast $4300. I could get an IS350 without nav (sport package) for like $560 per month over 4 years with $4300 down!

There are more IS300 owners on the forum than 2nd-Gen's... but I'm sure that'll change with time. It's more due to the "demographic" of people that drive IS300's as opposed to 2IS's. More people with IS300's are internet savvy. But there's likely more 2IS's on the road in comparison to IS300's. I wonder when I'm going to find myself in an IS350 myself... :blush:

·
Premium Member
27,116 Posts
Hey, I have cloth
Yeah... you have cloth... but WANT leather. :)

Weren't you considering buying somebody else's leather seats at one point in time?

·
Registered
159 Posts
I've never seen the cloth seats in the lexus are they as comfortable as the leather ones? Cause the leather in the lexus beats all other cars by comparison IMO. Congrats on the purchase!

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
Congrats on the new car. I'm sure you'll love it. Most people here are enthusiasts and would (obviously) recommend the IS350 over the 250. However, 75%-80% of buyers choose the 250. Enjoy the car!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts