Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
how you doin' everyone- new to the board, and proud owner of a 2001 certified used Crystal White IS300 E-shift.....
I've wanted an IS ever since I first saw it in 99' and 2 days ago- (Monday August 11th), I drove my own home... :D
couple questions....first, what does everyone mean when the put down SBR, or MSM in front of IS300 in their sig. ? two, before anyone asks why I got e-shift, its because I livein chicago and i already have a beast for the race track or street- a 97' Eclipse GSX- dyno'd 375 whp @ 24 psi, plus its AWD, so thats where I make my money- (not really a question). Third, what would be the best intake, y-pipe/header, and cat back to get without breaking the bank. Like I said, my Eclipse is my project car, my IS300 is my daily driver/baby....... :D
Thanks for any responses......

·
8,880 Posts

·
Registered
770 Posts
Welcome

but also....u should put DW...instead of CW cause CW is what i have since mine is an 02 and since u have an 01 you have Dimond Pearl

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
If you do a search, u can find better answer to your Mod questions.

Based on most of the people here, this is what comes down to:

Intake = SRT

Exhaust = HKS Hiper or Dragger II (Greddy Evo comes with a CAT)

Headers = Toyomoto or Xerd

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
like everyone said about the color and i'll say it along with them, yours is diamond white pearl not a 2001 certified crystal white. :shame: but anyway welcome to the board and enjoy your car.

-ringo

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks for the welcome, and sorry for the ignornace...i did not see the ways..... :oops: alright I got it...diamond white pearl right? thanks....i was thinking Blitz Nur Spec axle back, and maybe an Injen intake?
Like I said, my money car is the eclipse, but the IS needs about 20 or so more horse.......it is only E-shift.....
maybe the toyomoto headers eventually.....
anyways, thanks again everyone...... :D

·
8,880 Posts
SRT Intake is the way to go.
You bought a Lexus, don't go cheap now.
Besides, it is the only one with ECU override.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts