Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, im 17 and i just recently got a Lexus IS. So far i have a vizage body kit, stereo stuff, and a K&N typhoon intake. I just recently installed this intake and my CEL comes on. It says im not getting enough air flow, what could be the problem with it, and have you ever had anything like this come up if you have this intake
thanks

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
hmmm...Ive heard there were a couple problems with the regular k&n intake...I believe the fipk doesnt have the problem. Maybe try getting a heatshield to block the turbulent air running through it.

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No actually my dad owns a car repair shop they said thats what the problem was. Is there anything i can do to fix it or am i just stuck with it like that.

·
Registered
8,211 Posts
Ive never heard of that on a k&n fipk, i would look to make sure everything is on nice and tight. No leaks at any of the connect points or anything like that. Other then that dont know what to tell you?? Maybe conatct k&n and see if theyve run into this before.

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
Maybe sell ur K&N Typhoon and get you a K&N FIPK then problems solved ;)

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Did you get your car new or used? You might have damaged the MAF, when you installed the intake. Or if your car is used, then try cleaning you MAF. Either way your getting bad readings from Your MAF. ANd it's triggering your CEL. Did your dads shop actually get that code or did they just say that was the problem?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts