Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey i just recently moved to Carlsbad San Diego. My first post was like 2 days ago but i put it in the stop drop and roll section by accident. Anyways just wondering if there is any meets in driving distance. Also looking for recommended shops for tuning and auto tranny rebuild. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
Welcome to San Diego, there hasn't been a meet in the past few months. Hopefully there will be some in the neat future. I myself don't want to organize it because most of time i can't make the meets, lol. As far as tuners for IS300's I don't know of any local shops that can nor tranny rebuild. Maybe some of the other locals can chime in.

·
Registered
4,487 Posts
Ya dont know of any tuning shops nearby. But welcome and hope to see you at some of the future meets.

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
Yeah ...that's one of them.

The others are:

Rev'd Up Kustoms
9670 Waples Street
San Diego, CA. 92121

AutoFashion
8451 Miralani Drive
San Diego, CA. 92126

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
I didnt know Group 5 does tuning. Did he ask for tuning shop and not a performance "Tuner" shop?

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
I am not sure if they still do tuning, the last time i was there about 7 years ago, and i had to go to the old location on miramar road because thats where the dyno was. i dont go to those shops anymore for parts, best place for parts is internet

·
Registered
346 Posts
Welcome Yimmy85! Welcome to San Diego, rough weather lately but you will enjoy the stay when mid-Spring, Summer, and Fall hits. Towns to keep in mind that are heavily filled with tuners: Mira Mesa (my town), Kearny Mesa (my 2nd town, use to live there as a kid), San Marcos, Murrietta, Temecula, Chula Vista. Miramar Road and Sorrento Valley are both in Mira Mesa but I do not know about their shops (doubt there is one in Sorrento Valley, it's filled with a bunch of white collared businesses). My friend, whom is a HIGHLY skillful tuner, can assist you with all your needs. This guy has been working with cars for 30 years, specializing in Japanese. He's done it all and STILL DOES IT! Very trustworthy guy, lives down my street and glad I met him. He speaks before I do any type of modification or purchase of a car item/car. Any questions or concerns, let me know with a PM (Private Message). Enjoy.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Cool thanks for all of the kind welcomes and info =).

1 - 14 of 14 Posts