Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All-
I am new to the San Diego Area. I live in Encinitas. I need to get some body work done to my car. I definately dont want to go to a regular bodyshop. I am gonna buy an aftermarket kit. I have a big dent in my rear bumper and a crack in my front bumper. So my question is. Where should i get the work done and what kit should i get. I dont want anything to crazy because i already love the look of the car..

PS I just moved from Oklahoma. So if you see me in my beat up car its okay if you point and laugh. But know since im broke im crying on the inside of it. It all happened when i moved here. A tire on the 5 and a soccer mom backed into me at a blockbuster..

Any help would be appreciated!!!

jamie

·
Registered
861 Posts
Welcome to daygo, I would recommend getting a L-tuned/ carson tuned kit. It is the most cleanest kit out there, and does not change the look of the car too much. Not giving it a rice look. Its alittle pricey but look around, and keep your eyes peel, you might come along a good deal.

·
Registered
3,601 Posts
i locked your I&O thread, since you can't cross-post. i've also bumped a thread for you on SD body shops...

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
i would recommend carrillos autobody. its off mission gorge road. i took my car the carrillos on adams ave and had to bring it back there 2 times which still didnt resolve the problems. so adams ave is a no-no, you should be safe if you take it to the one right off mission gorge.

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
I 've taken all my cars with insurance claims to "West Coast Specialties" http://westcoastspecialties.net . Never had a problem with them and there work is awsome. There is Mira Mar so not to much of a drive. I don't know of any that are closer to you.

·
Legacy Mod
6,093 Posts
Elite auto Collision repair in La Mesa is real good also.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts