Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just wanted to drop everybody a line and say hi. By the way the site looks great, my profession is web design/programming/marketing so I can really appreciate the elegance and design of it. :bigSmile:

I drive a 2007 Lexus IS 250 - 6 spd

Except for all the stock options the car is pretty much stock. :whine:
Although I did get the:
Ground Effects Kit
18" G-Spider Wheels
HKS Exhaust Package

Here's some beauty shots and a few normal ones.

I was on the Club Lexus forums, but no offense to anybody on there, they're not the friendliest or most enjoyable to post on. I was flamed to death after I posted that I was angry that my properly functioning vent-mounted air freshener ruined my dash then that Lexus was going to replace it. Here's my last pic.

I can't wait to check out your rides, and hopefully this community is a bit better then the last.

·
Premium Member
5,207 Posts
welcome to the site, nice car and nice photos.

·
Registered
34 Posts
beautiful car! always loved black or white on the IS (i was driving the 6spd in SFP before my auto OBS)! :)

as for the air freshener problem, it doesnt sound like lexus' fault at all...looks like the air freshener is to blame imo, especially judging from the pics. looks like something got hot touching your airvent cover and melted away the paint...its especially apparent towards the right of the damaged vent

was it just a typo when you said 'lexus was going to replace it?' :confused:

·
Registered
446 Posts
Welcome!! nice Car, i might buy one of those some day lol.. ;P

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well my car had been untouched for some time and I had left my sunroof cover open, the mark on the right side was from my finger touching the finish when I got in my car and it literally wiped off. Anyways I really don't want to get into it again since it's all getting taken care of.

I do have a question for you all, I just hit 15k miles and I've had a flat on my rear driver (which was fixed), and now my rear passenger is slowly leaking air.
So I already ordered a set of Bridgestone Potenza RE-01R, my friend with an STI swears by Falken Azenis rt-615 and he claims they're much better priced which they are. So should I stick with the Bridgestone or get the Falkens?

·
Registered
348 Posts
Alright, I have to know, how do you guys take those motion shots with blurry backgrounds! I'm dying to get oone. I already managed to get the lightsaber sweep on the guages at night.

·
Registered
34 Posts
theyre both decent tires, im not too big a fan with bs potenzas myself. falkens are reputable for sure, i would tirerack.com and check reviews/ratings and choose from there ;)

·
Premium Member
16,050 Posts
car is looking great! drop that sucka pronto

·
Registered
65 Posts
Man that sucks about the air freshener. I bet you'll never do that again. Super nice ride, though. At first the wheels didn't do anything for me but after seeing all the pics all I can say is nice choice.

GL on the tires.

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
howdy.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Hey,

How do you like the Lexus HKS exhaust? I am thinking about this as my next modification. It seems like the Tanabe and Lexus HKS are similar in that they are both not loud until you get on it. This issue is that the price is a lot different. I like how the Lexus HKS looks but I don't know if it would be worth the extra chedder.

Regards,

·
Registered
62 Posts
I contacted Lexus of Louisville, and their price was too high, as was Lexington, Covington and Cincinnati. For $600 shipping from FL, the price I got more than made up for it.

Welcome, Lou-a-vul (I went to school there, so I know). :p

1 - 13 of 13 Posts