Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all!

I am not new to this forum but it has been many years since I have posted. Anyways, I just bought a 2006 IS250 and the overfill drain plug in the trans is leaking and the VSC check and Engine lights came on. I scanned the car and got the dreaded P2757 code. I have been doing a lot of reading and it seems like this code can be created from multiple things from as little as wrong fluid levels, to bad solenoids and clutches. I would like to mention that the car seems to drive and shift great, if the lights were not on, I would have had no idea about the leak (minus the small puddle it left behind).

Do you guys think its possible that someone overfilled the trans and that's why I am having the overfill plug leaking and the VSC light and error code?

·
Registered
576 Posts
Well very little people on this forum actually drive 2nd gens, and you didn't specify which transmission you have in the car.

Also, you say..."I scanned the car and got the dreaded P2757 code. " did you look up this code to see what the error is?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well very little people on this forum actually drive 2nd gens, and you didn't specify which transmission you have in the car.

Also, you say..."I scanned the car and got the dreaded P2757 code. " did you look up this code to see what the error is?
Sorry, its a A960E Auto.

P2757; "will be reported when the vehicle's onboard powertrain control module (PCM) detects an issue in the torque converter clutch pressure control solenoid circuit. This aspect of the powertrain automates the clutch application in order to optimize the engine's use of fuel."

The link below shows how to check the code and what circuits or components are involved in that particular code. I have read on clublexus that just the consistency or fluid level is enough to through a P2757 as the parameters for the code to get tripped are very tight.

https://f01.justanswer.com/dcraig1000/cddf91ed-84c0-4653-8a67-b1c5f76d6bdd_eee.pdf

·
Registered
576 Posts
I'm not sure if this transmission has a dipstick, but if it doesn't there's a procedure to check the fluid level. My 06' 4runner requires you to put it into a kind of test mode at idle to check the level of the fluid....it's a pain in the ***.

I'd make sure you have the right quantity of fluid and then go from there.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm not sure if this transmission has a dipstick, but if it doesn't there's a procedure to check the fluid level. My 06' 4runner requires you to put it into a kind of test mode at idle to check the level of the fluid....it's a pain in the ***.

I'd make sure you have the right quantity of fluid and then go from there.
Thanks. Thats my first plan of attack. I will report back as I dig further.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts