Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys... my name's daniel and i currently own a 2000 toyota celica gts... i love my car to death but it doesn't do the job... it has crazy style but i can't do to much about the power shortage.... 130 torque doesn't cut it for drag racing... the is300 is one of the hottest cars around in my opinion.... 215hp and 218 torque is a good way to start off... i'm trying to decide on either upgrading the 02 VW GTi 1.8T or getting the 01 is300 and putting forced induction on it... i'm only 18 years old and i don't have much experience with tuning cars so i don't really know much about technical stuff... can you guys help me out with the is300... for example what would be a good turbo kit that's affordable and that would do the job... how much potential does this car have? i'm only 18 and i will need some time to get my is300 but i'm looking forward to the day that i do... so any info on tuning the is300 is appreciated.... what are good companies for Cold Air Intake, Exhaust, headers.... how would i go about the basic setup... i know my way around celicas and other cars i just never looked into the is300 and i wanna know exactly what i'm getting into if i'm gona buy this car, IE expensive tuning etc... thanks in advance

Thanks
Dan

P.S- i want to get a manual is300 but would an automatic is300 reduce turbo lag? what's better in your opinion?

·
Registered
32 Posts
BugginOuT said:
Uh...how much are u willing to spend?
coudln't of said it better myself!!!! as for the car, it has PLENTY of potential, just it'll cost you $$$$ to get it there.

[edit]
from what i've read here there is PLENTY of companies to do what you want. also since you aren't techniqually inclined it could be a little difficult for you to understand and comprehend some of the terms and concepts, but don't worry theres always google to make life easier.

·
Registered
3,816 Posts
bojacks said:
BugginOuT said:
Uh...how much are u willing to spend?
coudln't of said it better myself!!!! as for the car, it has PLENTY of potential, just it'll cost you $$$$ to get it there.
Yup, if you got enough $$$ you can get a 600rwhp monster from PFS :p

·
Registered
4,948 Posts
CrazyD said:
hey guys... my name's daniel and i currently own a 2000 toyota celica gts... i love my car to death but it doesn't do the job... it has crazy style but i can't do to much about the power shortage.... 130 torque doesn't cut it for drag racing... the is300 is one of the hottest cars around in my opinion.... 215hp and 218 torque is a good way to start off... i'm trying to decide on either upgrading the 02 VW GTi 1.8T or getting the 01 is300 and putting forced induction on it... i'm only 18 years old and i don't have much experience with tuning cars so i don't really know much about technical stuff... can you guys help me out with the is300... for example what would be a good turbo kit that's affordable and that would do the job... how much potential does this car have? i'm only 18 and i will need some time to get my is300 but i'm looking forward to the day that i do... so any info on tuning the is300 is appreciated.... what are good companies for Cold Air Intake, Exhaust, headers.... how would i go about the basic setup... i know my way around celicas and other cars i just never looked into the is300 and i wanna know exactly what i'm getting into if i'm gona buy this car, IE expensive tuning etc... thanks in advance

Thanks
Dan

P.S- i want to get a manual is300 but would an automatic is300 reduce turbo lag? what's better in your opinion?
http://www.is300.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13349731

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hey thanks a lot guys... i'm limited with money right now and my main priority is to get the car first lol... it's all gona be easier afterwards... i just love to learn everything i can about the car before i get it... i've been reading through the boards and i'm picking up on manufacturers and etc.... i'm thinking about getting a stock is300 02 5-speed and then i'm gona do cosmetic stuff for a little while until i can afford big changes... i doubt that i will go higher than stage 2 turbo, i'm trying to put together a quick car.... i messed up on my celica cause i was too impatient... if i would have taken my time i would have figured out that it's not as easily modified as other cars... but thanks guys i see the car has a lot of potential and that's the main thing... is300 is a car for big pimpin (showing off) and it's got speed.... nice ride... thanks for all the info, and thanks for that thread great help on prices and everything.... appreciated it a lot guys, thanks for being patient with me

-Dan

1 - 6 of 6 Posts