Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys... I just went and test drove a new IS300 yesterday and deceided to look on the web to see if there were any groups out here... Guess there are... I didn't know you could do so many things to the IS... I hate to sound stupid, but can anyone tell me or point me to the correct place if/how hard it is to Turbo the IS300? Do you need to work on the internals of the engine? I also had someone tell me that the IS has the Old Supra engine in it, is that true? Sorry for all the question, but I'm really thinking about getting one and would like to know these things before I make my deceision... Oh, one last thing, I'd probably get the '02 model just because of the lower price over the '03's, were there any changes to the 03's that would make me want to get that one over an '02?

Thanks

·
Registered
76 Posts
dracon,

the IS has what is basically the normally aspirated supra engine, it is slightly more complicated than your normal import to work on but the results look and perform very well.

THe downside is that they are alsxo very expensive to work on and buy parts for but if you go to www.i-m-racing.com thatll give you a pretty good idea of what to do

·
Registered
660 Posts
check out the go fast forum and do a search for turbo, forced induction, or supercharger. you'll find more information than you thought possible there. there are lots of f/i products available for our cars - you just have to figure out how much you want to spend and what suits your purpose best.

as far as ease in performing the mods, the kits are designed specifically for our cars and usually tested to make sure they work well. t/c is more complicated and involved than s/c but will yield more power... gotta get what suits your needs. the engine seems to be built for f/i and can easily handle the additional power w/o any problems.

good luck

·
Registered
28,808 Posts

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
If you can get a better deal on an 02, go for it.

Changes for the 03 were very minor. New cupholder or something.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
5 Participants
ATLDave
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing