Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I am new to the forum...new IS300 owner. I am putting a different system and I am looking for a single 10" sub box that fits to one side of the trunk or fits snug up against the back of the rear seat. Is it something that I will have to make or have made? Or are there any companies that have them pre-fab? Thanks for your help!

·
\/ Awesome \/
11,398 Posts
Hey guys, I am new to the forum...new IS300 owner. I am putting a different system and I am looking for a single 10" sub box that fits to one side of the trunk or fits snug up against the back of the rear seat. Is it something that I will have to make or have made? Or are there any companies that have them pre-fab? Thanks for your help!
What type of 10" sub are you planning to put in? Are you going to port it or keep it sealed?

I can build you a box to spec for pretty cheap.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a Planet Audio Vortex DVX108? It is a dual voice coil 10". I prefer the sound of a ported box. I am only running about 250w rms to it. I have two kids and want to keep as much trunk space as possible, but I have to have the bass to fill in.

·
\/ Awesome \/
11,398 Posts
I have a Planet Audio Vortex DVX108? It is a dual voice coil 10". I prefer the sound of a ported box. I am only running about 250w rms to it. I have two kids and want to keep as much trunk space as possible, but I have to have the bass to fill in.
Hmmm, do you know how big the box should be for the sub? I can't find any specs on it. If you send me a link to it's specs or find out how much airspace it needs I can design a box for it.

I could make you something that fits over that hump in the middle of the trunk and sits up against the rear seats.

·
Registered
432 Posts
you should really have someone make an enclosure for you if you are not a crafty person... making the enclosure airtight isn't fun and that hump in the trunk sucks... all the curving and waving... the back of the seats don't go straight up either.. it slants

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Italyn - So I found the model # for the sub is VXP108. If you go to the Planet Audio site and click on the support tab and then go through until you find the model # VXP104 it will show the specs for the VXP108 as well. I don't know if this will work. Let me know how much you think it would cost for a box, or if it is something you could design and I could build... My father-in-law has a LARGE woodworking shop and has always done cabinets and stuff. Or any tips on how to do it right....

·
\/ Awesome \/
11,398 Posts
The specs sheet looks like it needs a 1.2 cube box tuned to 35hz. The sheet recommends a 3" port. You could make a box that fires the sub towards the rear of the car that sits up against the seat back. I would probably go with a precision port at the end of the box. This way you don't have to make the box very deep and you will save some trunk space.

Price for the box would depend on material costs like shipping and whether or not it is going to be carpeted or painted. PM me what ideas you have in mind and your zip code and I can give you a price for what I could make you a box for.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks IS300included, I didn't know how to do that... Hey, I live in Roseville

Italyn - Thanks for checking that out, I will think about what style box I want and let you know.....

I really appreciate you guys helping me out

1 - 9 of 9 Posts