Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi everyone, ive been lurking around the site knowing that i was going to get an IS and now i have one!!

So last monday i drove to Austin to go buy the car.
Its a 2001 BO IS300.
tuesday morning we drive 6 hours back to wichita falls, but when we left it started snowing...bad! well there was a huge snow storm almost the whole 6 hours up.
i was doin some crazy fish tailing as i heard the IS is bad in snow.
ive only had one other car and it was a front wheel drive car so i wasnt used to it.

well the car was all stock when i got it.
sorry to say i dont plan on doing a ton of mods since i am a college student.
plus i dont like too flashy. i hope sometime to supercharge it but thats for a different time.

when i got home that day i did a few mods
the headlights and fog lights were BAD. they had that old nasty yellow film so i had to fix that first.
i used the 3m restoration kit on my headlights, painted them black, and installed the aac halo kit.
The aac halo kit is really nice, it was a little harder than i thought but it all worked out.
i thought about getting the red ones but didnt want to risk getting tickets.

i also painted the stock rims a light bronze, they came out pretty good but i think later im going to go a little darker.

i also plan to get a front lip, something nice but also something that doesnt hang too low since i dont plan to get sideskirts or a rear lip.

ok well hear are some pics i just took. Yes i know my car is dirty, its been raining this whole week..

This is what my head and fog lights looked like.

This is now my head lights

i hope you guys enjoy and sorry for all the pics.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Pics are always great! Congrats on the pick-up and I hope you like it. Welcome to My.is

·
Registered
622 Posts
Welcome to the site.

Good job to start the modding right away. (Not feeling the blue lugs however) Atleast your calipers are painted.

Definitely put the civic on the street haha

·
Registered
6,431 Posts
Your damage to the front end....Tips for what its worth.

If you pull the bumper off, I would suggest checking for the two bumper clips that fit under each headlamps. This will help seat the bumper properly and in alignment to the light. This will also help hide the damage to the bottom corner of the light. No doubt these were broken.

It appears as though the bumper corner has a torn bolt hole as well. This is the only attachment point on the actual bumper.

I would try to fit or epoxy a metal washer to the inside of the screw hole. Then check the inner fender for the plastic receiving nut. Changing and fixing both of these items will help line up the bumper better. This will avoid you having to buy a new bumper.

Example

A plastic receiving nut are $3.00 at the dealer to replace - it is square and just pops into place. This will allow the one screw to be tightened into place.
Use a good 2 part epoxy (like T-88 system 3) it will bond a washer to the polyurethane forever.

These two small fixes will probably straighten the bumper and make it look like new...err....well there is still a matter of buffing out the paint damage on the bottom corner of the bumper too!

Congats on the "new to you" car.

Digger08

·
Registered
136 Posts
welcome...btw if those blue lugs arent the oem mag style with the washers, id suggest you to take them off immediatley...only the oem ones are made to seat perfectly to the rims and acorn or other styles may become loose while driving, just a heads-up

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
^^^ thanks for the tip about the bumper. i might have to try that.
it wasnt wrecked or damaged. when i took the bumper and headlights off i lost the 2 screws that hold the sides of the bumper on. i had to just put it back together that way until i could find some.
yes i am an idiot, i dont know how i lost them...
id say i got a descent deal. i paid $7400 =)

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
welcome...btw if those blue lugs arent the oem mag style with the washers, id suggest you to take them off immediatley...only the oem ones are made to seat perfectly to the rims and acorn or other styles may become loose while driving, just a heads-up
oh really...thanks for the heads up, i guess the lugs are coming off =(

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.